PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Conversation with Cabelas

Jeff82
02-26-2013, 11:25 AM
I've been looking for a Ruger Blackhawk in 357 with a six-inch barrel. Should be pretty easy to find. Cabelas is advertising them online as in-stock. I called the local store and they told me that they didn't have any at their location. Ok, no problem. I asked if they could get one from a different store. They told me that due to the incertainty in current firearms regulation that they are no longer accepted special orders or doing store-to-store transfers. Basically, if a firearm that they normally order for their store turns up, they'll sell it, but that's it.

Blows my mind.

--Jeff

Reg
02-26-2013, 11:32 AM
Something doesn't sound right.
Call the main store in Sidney.

km101
02-26-2013, 12:41 PM
Sounds like you got someone who didnt want to mess with the transfer process. I have never had them refuse to transfer a firearm. But as stated above, I would call the main store and see if it is a new policy, or just a lazy employee. Doesnt cost anything to ask.

starmac
02-26-2013, 02:03 PM
Sounds like you were talking to someone too lazy to do their job, sadly it is pretty common these days.

Hardcast416taylor
02-26-2013, 02:51 PM
I would have talked to that stores manager first about their store to store policy. Sounds like that clerk was taking a break from sweeping the warehouse or swamping out the head?Robert