PDA

View Full Version : Hornady customer service

wool1
02-25-2013, 06:54 PM
I again am amazed at Hornady customer service! I had a break down with my LNL-AP this weekend. And all it took was a call to them, with a lay men's description of the broken parts, and I have new parts on the way. The hardest part was waiting for Monday morning. The rep I spoke with searched a zip code database and located my address, explained the proper install adjustments and parts were sent. Even though I probably screwed up and, I assume he knew this, was helpful without being condescending. I don't know, its just a welcome change to most companies approach to service. I know there are many other great companies in this industry, but I will make sure ones that treat me in this manner, will get continued support.

sirgknight
02-25-2013, 10:07 PM
wool1, I know exactly how you feel. I experienced a similar situation with Lee Precision last week. The primer cup on the small primer arm came loose from the shaft and the square indexing ratchet needed replacing on my classic turret press. The press is 5 years old and it has loaded literally thousands of rounds of ammo. Tech support asked me what I needed to get going again and they got my shipping address to mail the parts without charge. I offered to pay for the parts but they said, no problem, we appreciate your business. That's why my son just ordered a new Lee Classic Press this week (even though it will about three months before he gets it). I was about to make a separate post about this when I noticed your post. We should continue to publish these good customer service deeds that are performed by appreciative businesses. I have reloading equipment from a number of manufacturers, but Lee Precision and RCBS never cease to amaze me with their unwavering customer service.

r1kk1
02-26-2013, 11:32 AM
It depends on the tech you get at times. I called Hornady for parts for an Apex 3.0. The Apex 3.1 was out and they sold the rest of the parts to Lock, Stock, and Barrel in Valentine, NE. The problem is that business is no longer around. I sold the press for parts. Metallic side of Hornady is good. I have never gotten a free part from Lee except for a catalog. I've not had the experience as others had.

RCBS, Dillon, Redding, and CH4D have been great.

Take care

r1kk1

Cmemiss
02-26-2013, 11:41 AM
I've had nothing but great CS from Hornady, Dillon, and RCBS. What more can you ask than "we'll get that right out to you and there is no charge."

ReloaderFred
02-26-2013, 12:07 PM
I wore out a Hornady Pro-Jector press after about 350,000 rounds loaded on it. I called Hornady (always worth the call just for the answering machine) and they gave me a return authorization number. I sent in the press, fully expecting to pay for refurbishing, and also expecting it to take several months. I received the press back in about 2 1/2 weeks, fully restored, at no cost to me. The invoice was single spaced and there was a whole page of parts they had replaced. I didn't even know there were that many parts in the press, but they replaced everything except the casting, free of charge. I couldn't ask for better service.

I also wore out an RCBS Rockchuckar press and sent it in for repairs. I'm still using the replacement press, a brand new one, that they sent for no charge.

I know of no other industry that covers their equipment like this.

Hope this helps.

Fred

Fishman
02-26-2013, 06:36 PM
My experience with Hornady was less free stuff, more friendly. I purchased my Hornady Pro-jector back in the late 90's. It was a reboxed floor model, but the business assured me all of the parts were there. I, not being very savvy at the time, didn't think to question that. Well, several things were missing and a call to Hornady was in order. The friendly service tech got me everything I needed but the cost was almost $70. My only gripe with the press was the lousy powder drop actuator they included with that model. Another call to Hornady and replacement parts were on the way at retail price. They didn't work well either. I guess I need to get the updated case actuated powder drop. I'm using the press today, but no free stuff.:)

7of7
02-27-2013, 01:04 AM
They really piss me off... If I break something, I call them to see about just the part I broke, and they won't let me pay for it.. Same thing with RCBS, and those dang primer pocket swaging rods.. they just send me out a couple new ones.. [smilie=1:

joehaberxxx
02-27-2013, 06:36 PM
I only have nice things to say about my experience with Hornady's customer service. When I contact them and tell them my problem they tell me they will send a new part right away or they talk me through whatever I am having difficulty with

crowbuster
02-28-2013, 12:01 AM
Yep, I even told them it was my fault for leaving powder in the measurer but they were having none of it, free replacement. Same with lee and r.c.b.s.

thehouseproduct
02-28-2013, 04:47 PM
My experience with Hornady was less free stuff, more friendly. I purchased my Hornady Pro-jector back in the late 90's. It was a reboxed floor model, but the business assured me all of the parts were there. I, not being very savvy at the time, didn't think to question that. Well, several things were missing and a call to Hornady was in order. The friendly service tech got me everything I needed but the cost was almost $70. My only gripe with the press was the lousy powder drop actuator they included with that model. Another call to Hornady and replacement parts were on the way at retail price. They didn't work well either. I guess I need to get the updated case actuated powder drop. I'm using the press today, but no free stuff.:)
My experience was similar. I did not have any help getting them to replace the lame primer carrier in the new LNL. I had to buy one at retail and the small primer carrier still is chewed up. I might make my own here soon.

308gunman
03-02-2013, 12:52 AM
Thats good to hear. Us reloaders are pretty loyal customers.