PDA

View Full Version : 32 H&R brass, AMERC

08-03-2007, 11:37 AM
Anyone reloaded AMERC 32 H&R Mag brass? Their 223 isn't worth the effort to pick it up off the ground, I've seen once fired case failures. 45 ACP isn't much better -- won't chamber with cast in my 1911s. I've got some 32 H&R coming in a trade and was hoping it might be OK. I've been putting off buying some Starline and this fell into my lap, so I thought I'd try it.

Thanks,
Josh

9.3X62AL
08-03-2007, 01:41 PM
I have yet to see a positive comment on any board concerning AMERC brass, just a lot of text like yours. I would recommend Starline without reservation.

klausg
08-03-2007, 03:00 PM
Dittoes to the above; I've never come across any AMERC in .32. I can tell you that I can't even size their stuff in .380; the rims tear off, even when lubed in a carbide die. Due to this enjoyment, I steer clear of any of their stuff.

-Klaus

scrapcan
08-03-2007, 03:16 PM
I have had the same experience as Klaus and Al. I have not seen the 32 brass so cannot comment. 45 acp, 38 special, 40S&W, 380, and 9x19 all go in the to be scrapped bucket when I sort. I do not see much 38 special but I have had torn rims and thick necks with that I have come across.

slughammer
08-03-2007, 05:07 PM
I've had it work fine in 45 acp for a short while. After the 2nd or 3rd loading, the primer pockets went loose.

If it was free, I would try it in 32 with lower level loads to see how it works. I wouldn't pay money for it though.

txpete
08-03-2007, 06:12 PM
the stuff is junk.I picked up a bunch of 45 acp brass(amerc) at the range then tumbled it.every one of the flash holes were off center and double the size of what it should have been.
pete

Newtire
08-03-2007, 08:13 PM
.30 carbine AMERC split right up the side. My son pointed it out lying on the ground and we looked thru all the loads, had about 50 left and almost all the empties were split. Have heard the same thing over on the AMback carbine forum.

RayinNH
08-03-2007, 10:32 PM
My only run in was with .38 Special brass. The rims were so scant they could hardly be called rims. It was necessary to push them up against the back wall of the shell holder with your finger or they would just pull out. Fortunately they were range pick ups and didn't cost anything. They went to the scrap brass bucket pronto...Ray

08-10-2007, 04:13 PM
Got th3 AMERC 32 H&R Mag brass a couple days ago. It sized fine as did the seating of boolits (Keith GB) on some dummy rounds. Had trouble getting them to chamber near the case head, but I've had this same with Federal and R-P factory loads, so I honestly can't say AMERC is any worse at this point. Probably won't get to load/fire any for a while as we're packing up to move and Momma doesn't see reloading as an efficient use of my time. Nor does she buy the argument that I'm condensing things down into smaller packages.

Josh

9.3X62AL
08-10-2007, 04:19 PM
Womenfolk can be very short-sighted in these matters. Kind of like Ruger 45 revolvers with undersize throats--not a defect, but a product characteristic. No factory return policy, either--replacement is EXPENSIVE--and exchange is both expensive and hazardous.