PDA

View Full Version : Mak-90 Price???

Infidel
02-24-2013, 01:52 AM
With the current stupidity prices going on, what is a fair price on an older, great shape Mak-90? I have a friend, who acquired one, through an inheritance, and isn't that impressed with it. He told me he could be talked out of it with a reasonable, not stupid, offer. Since stuff is now at a ridiculous price, I have no idea what to offer. They were going for $5-700 around here, up until 4 or 5 weeks ago. I know that things will stabilize down the road, but that is down the road. :???:

HATCH
02-24-2013, 08:22 AM
Does it still have the thumbhole stock?
Threaded muzzle?

GRUMPA
02-24-2013, 09:19 AM
First thing I would like to know is how made it and go from there.

HATCH
02-24-2013, 09:31 AM
Its a MAK-90.
so its made in China.
It came in in 90 to 93
It originally had a thumbhole stock, unthreaded muzzle, and no bayonet lug.
Just need to know how it is setup now.

historicfirearms
02-24-2013, 02:10 PM
I've got a Mak90 that I bought last year for $350. It was in like new condition. I've been keeping my eye out for another one and on the Michigan Gun Owners sight there have been a few for sale recently. Owners are ASKING $850 - $1200, but they are not selling. Funny thing is that WASR are selling for $800+, when IMO the Maks are usually better rifles.

One thing to look at if you are wanting to change stocks is the rear of the receiver. Some had a slant cut receiver and are a little hard to find stocks for. If its square cut, that would make it easy to swap a regular AK stock. Just keep in mind 922r compliance if you decide to change configurations.

JonB_in_Glencoe
02-24-2013, 02:36 PM
I seen one in 223 yesterday at the mankato gunshow,,,$1600
it was still on the table when I left the show.
Jon

Infidel
02-24-2013, 07:29 PM
Thanks guys,
Yeah, it's a Norinco. I haven't seen it yet, but my friend describes it as probably not having over 50 rounds put through it. His Mom's boyfriend died and he inherited it from him. The boyfriend couldn't see as well as he would have liked to, so all his guns were scoped. Friend stated that he thought the gun was fired enough to sight it in. He said that he doesn't think it was used after that.
As to whether or not it has a slant back or straight back, I just don't know. I happen to like the thumbhole stocks. Still have the original on my Zastava. So, it probably wouldn't make much difference to me. I have seen one that the guy welded in a small triangular plate to fill the void on the slant back. Looked pretty good. You had to look close to see where he added it.

Fishman
02-28-2013, 09:34 PM
I don't know what they are worth now but I remember stacks of them for $199 in the early 90's. I had one, sold it, and don't miss it. The sks is more accurate, lighter, and not quite as ugly IMHO.