PDA

View Full Version : New (to me) star lubrisizer

5string
02-23-2013, 05:50 PM
So I just recieved an old syar sizer that I won on the goodwill auction site (56 bucks).
Ive looked around but am not satisfied with the instructions online. Anybody can school
me on this thing, I would appreciate it. Sizer appears to be complete, even has a .452
sizer die in it, which is GREAT. Mostly need to know if the parts to pull the die are on the press, or were sold seperatley. thanks in advance.

gene

MT Chambers
02-23-2013, 06:39 PM
Heat the lube/machine and the die will come out if pressure applied upwards with a 3/4" or so piece of dowel or short handle of some kind, older machines will need to have the set screw removed. New machines come with the tool.

landers
02-24-2013, 09:57 PM
Exactly as MT Chambers said, I can actually pull my dies out by hand if I leave the heater on for about 20 minutes, otherwise tapping a wooden dowel from the bottom will push the die right out. I no longer use the die removal tool, it was way more work than using heat or a dowel.

5string
02-25-2013, 01:59 PM
Thanks guys, this helps alot. want to pull the die to clean the press up, it's reallu gunky with old lube. Again, thanks

Gene

sergeant69
03-03-2013, 10:16 PM
heat the die area up w/a hair blower/dryer and in 2 minutes you can tap it out. ok, maybe 3 minutes if its really bad.