PDA

View Full Version : Noe 311041

M Hicks
02-23-2013, 02:36 PM
For our upcoming anniversary my wife just ordered the 5 cavity GC 311041 NOE mold for me. It was the only mold of that style they had listed in stock so she went ahead and got it for me. Saying that I am pretty excited is a severe understatement. I have always used Lee molds with what I considered satisfaction. My first "higher end" mold was a Lyman 429421 DC. I like the way it works. I have one other Lyman 225438 SC mold I recently traded for but have not cast with for my bolt action 223 remington. For me these are high end molds. After reading about and researching the mold makers on here I decided to go with the NOE 311041. I'm excited for it to get here. My wife is probably going to make me wait 5 weeks before I can start playing with it though. She is a great woman.

Blammer
02-23-2013, 03:53 PM
You'll love it! Make sure you read the directions that come with it first for best optimization of the moulds capablities. :) (how you like that big word sentence!)

Wilkie
02-23-2013, 04:01 PM
When I got my first NOE mold it looked like a piece of art. He does great work, and the mold was fantastic! You won't want to go back to your Lee molds!

M Hicks
02-23-2013, 04:16 PM
Blammer,

Your articulation was truly commensurate with a superlative level of focused scholarly knowledge. [smilie=1: This mold will be paired with the GC's and sizer die I get from you. I have no doubt they will come together to make a good team.

I knew there were instructions from it and I will find out what the intricacies of NOE molds are when I get it but is there anything that I should really be aware of?

I have heard they are great quality. I thought I would splurge on this one and see how I liked it.

**oneshot**
02-23-2013, 05:58 PM
clean it, put it through a few heating cycles, lube it and away you go.

M Hicks
02-23-2013, 06:51 PM
Sounds easy enough oneshot. Thanks for the info.

M Hicks
02-23-2013, 06:53 PM
I received an email saying the mold had been shipped. That its pretty fast service. About two hours from order to shipping.

shooting on a shoestring
02-23-2013, 09:22 PM
I've found NOE to be really addicting. I just replaced my 358477 with NOE 360477. What a huge difference. The Lyman cast out of round, the NOE cast very round. The Lyman held onto its castings, the NOE lets them drop. The NOE looks sharper, has a great looking profile. Casts great.

I've got serveral NOEs and I have found about one cavity out of four or five that will have a stubborn bit of something in the cavity that causes a blimish on the first 2 dozen castings on the virgin moulds, but in each case, they've vanished by the end of the first casting session. Man they cast wonderful, full sized, drop the boolits...love em.

M Hicks
02-23-2013, 10:01 PM
If they work as well as I have read I have a feeling I will need to find another income or my wife will be very unhappy. I have some pretty high expectations but I have a strong sense that I won't be disappointed.

Murphy
02-23-2013, 10:08 PM
I have a NOE 5 cavity #358429. As the others stated, read the instructions and run it thru a few heat cycles. Then start casting. The boolits fall like raindrops from the mould, I wouldn't take for mine. Looking for that next one I just 'gotta have' so I can enjoy it.

I'd actually like to see a run of the Lyman #452371. There's blastin' ammo that requires quantity and a man could crank out tons in a hurry with a NOE.

Murphy

Idaho Mule
02-23-2013, 10:43 PM
MHicks, you will love it. I just got a double cavity NOE in 311041. One cavity is plain base and the other is GC. It is an absolute pleasure to cast with and makes some beautiful boolits. JW

brotherdarrell
02-23-2013, 11:48 PM
If they work as well as I have read I have a feeling I will need to find another income or my wife will be very unhappy. I have some pretty high expectations but I have a strong sense that I won't be disappointed.

I have ordered 5 in the last month and a half since I discovered them, but being single it is a little safer.:mrgreen:

Darrell

rintinglen
02-24-2013, 10:43 AM
I have 5 NOE molds. I am awaiting one right now and am in on a group buy for another. The best aluminum molds I have ever used (sorry, Veral.)

M Hicks
02-24-2013, 10:51 AM
"I have ordered 5 in the last month and a half since I discovered them, but being single it is a little safer."

I have been know to be a supporter of self-preservation, mine in particular. This would not be to conducive to that. :-D

Blammer
02-24-2013, 11:33 AM
rookies, I have 15 or more NOE moulds. :)

shdwlkr
02-24-2013, 11:45 AM
MHicks
there is only one problem with NOE molds as you work with them you want more like blammer I have somewhere around 15-20 of NOE molds and have my name in for two more even as I write this.
Another good mold maker is Mihi I hope I got that right someone will correct me as he is good also and is buried in mold orders right now. NOE is buried in mold orders also so that tells you just how good their molds are and the prices will most likely be going up but they are still a good deal for what you get a quality mold from a quality mold maker.
I know NOE from when he started this project as I was the honcho when he jumped into this world and we got to know each other really well. He is a real good mold maker and works very hard to make sure you the customer are happy and that his molds work as they are supposed too.
You will not be sorry your wife got you that mold and you will be looking at more of what he makes. Like I said a have a few of his molds but then again I have around 60 total so I guess I am addicted to this idea of making my own bullets and then making my own rounds to go and shoot.

M Hicks
02-24-2013, 01:27 PM
Blammer and shdwlkr,

It sound like you have way to many. You wouldn't want to get caught with assault molds so I think we should work something out.:kidding:

Maybe someday I'll be able to have more than what I do. I didn't stick to lee molds because it was what I knew, it was what I could afford. This is one of those incredible gifts from my wife. Possibly a once in a lifetime thing. But I will cherish it.

Reload3006
03-03-2013, 04:23 PM
I took ten out and just hopped a can around with the thudy thudy. I couldn't stand not shooting some of them. As I said I didn't put them on paper so I don't have an accuracy statement but setting them in a 30-30 case crimped heavily in the crimp groove sized with a .311 size die. No I didnt mike them. nor did I weigh them Reckon I should. Gas checked and lubed with jakes purple cresin they sat atop 16.5 gr of 2400 nice mild report low recoil and surprisingly accurate in terms of can hopping. Checked the bore and zero leading. So far I am an ecstatic camper.