PDA

View Full Version : Problems with new Citidel .45acp

69daytona
02-23-2013, 01:35 PM
I bought a new citidel .45 for 499, came with 2 mags a nice box and a lot of things that higher priced guns charge you a lot for. Took it out to break it in and the trigger pull kept getting heavier. it shot very nice groups for what I weighed when I got home a 12 lb trigger, I found out after taking it apart that the leaf spring was not set right from the factory and was rubbing and worn pretty bad after the 500 rounds I shot through it. Nothing else was worn or had any problems. I replaced it with a spring I had laying around from a springfield and the trigger pul is at 5lbs and smooth. Have some new parts from Cylinder and Slide coming to get it down to 3 1/2 lbs.
Am very happy with how well it shoots and cant wait to get the new parts in to see how much tighter the groups will be with a nice smooth trigger.

Bushwacker Berg
02-23-2013, 11:18 PM
I had one of my officers pick one up and accuracy was great but I found when I went to fit a new Beaver tail grip safety to it that their heat treat didn't seem up to snuff. Things that had to be hardened were, but others things were awfully soft. He hasn't had any hiccups with his but its something to keep in the back of your mind. I liked the gun and as I said, his was plenty accurate, but I'm not sure, longevity wise, how the gun is going be for him. Just my observations. Ryan

bosterr
02-24-2013, 09:15 AM
Let us know how the C & S parts work out. I'd like to get the trigger on my Kimber down to 3 1/2 pounds as well.

Johnch
02-24-2013, 11:49 AM
Watch the hammer

I heard their hammers are ( or were ) not the greatest
And would start to flatten out
Causing miss fires from soft primer hits

As the hammer face had flattened out enough to rub on the sides

John