PDA

View Full Version : LEE Pro 1000 ???

onegunred
02-22-2013, 03:19 PM
Where do the spent primers go? I read on the instruction sheet you may drill a hole for them to drop thru. Does this work?

VHoward
02-22-2013, 06:01 PM
They go into the main body casting. Kind of a pain in the ****. Drill a hole in the bench under where you mount the press. Some will be in there forever, but they others will fall through the hole. Doesn't have to be a big hole.

Recluse
02-22-2013, 07:12 PM
For the past twenty-five years that I've had one, I find that they go everywhere. I drilled a hole in the bench, inserted a plastic tube running down to a cup, and then mounted the press over the hole. Probably have a 50% catch rate with the rest going on the floor.

:coffee:

Vinne
02-23-2013, 12:15 PM
I used to take mine down twice a year to remove the spent primers. What a pain to remove the three screws then if the press moved a little bit I had primers all over the place. I now have it mounted to the Lee bench plate with a large whole drilled in the wood plate so it is a lot easier to do. Just loosen 4 screws, slide it out then replace and tighten screws. Be sure to have a bucket under when doing this or you will have a big mess!!

If you don't reload much, then you onlw have to remove it once a year. Each shooter is different.

wallenba
02-23-2013, 01:37 PM
My solution to primers on the floor. http://i994.photobucket.com/albums/af67/wallen19/primerdeflector.jpg
Mine's also mounted on a plate for my PatMarlin's Rock-Dock. I cut a 1" diameter hole in the bottom, and catch them in my trash can when I pull it out.

Gliden07
02-23-2013, 02:29 PM
I took a piece of Plywood and mounted the press the way I wanted it to be. Then I drew the shape of the base on plywood took the press off and drilled 2, 3/4" holes between the front 2 mounting holes, then I cut the extra material between the 3/4" holes out. So between the 2 front mounting holes there is a u shaped cut. When I attached the Plywood to the bench I extended the U shape cut beyond the front of the bench. Mounted a small red bin under it. Get 85% of primers. If I was to do it over I think I would use a piece of 1/4" plate and open it right up and maybe Dremel the hole in the press a little bigger then drill the plate to bolt to bench.

OuchHot!
02-25-2013, 03:42 PM
I built a raised platform to get it high enough off the bench to save me from stooping during the cycle. The raiser is just high enough to hold a margarine container. That is where the primers go.

dudits
02-25-2013, 10:27 PM
i did a small halfmoon cutout on bench and screwed a tupperware bowl under it. works great. i think maybe 1 out of every 1k has hit the floor