PDA

View Full Version : Hmmmmm ............

Smitty's Retired
02-21-2013, 04:44 PM
I see too much that could be bad from this.

http://personalliberty.com/2013/02/21/shooting-children-pregnant-women-and-elderly-people-should-require-hesitation/

http://www.examiner.com/article/children-seniors-and-pregnant-women-depicted-on-police-shooting-targets

http://newsworldwide.wordpress.com/2013/02/20/company-behind-shooting-targets-of-children-received-2-million-from-dhs/

archmaker
02-21-2013, 05:01 PM
My problem with these type of targets and the zombie type of targets that are gun ranges are they are designed to make you comfortable with shooting another person. I mean i grew up shooting TARGETS not human likeness, and I believe it is that reason right there that pointing a gun at a human being is an unnatural act. Somthing that I have to mentally overcome, and something that bothers me, and it should. Not saying I would have hesitated to pull the trigger if the need arised, but I WANT it to remain an unnatural act to point a gun at human being. I think if we banned all the human realistic targets, and I don't count the silhoutte targets as realistic, no eyes mouth or the like, not even arms, does not "train" me to shoot a human.

So if all those type of targets were banned by those of us shooting, when we attack the gaming industry violent games we can suggest they change their 'targets' to look like the cardboard IDPA targets, and when they complain that it would detract from the gaming experience, that it would not be realistic. . . they would just have proved our point! Violent games are too realistic and train people that pointing a gun at someone is 'entertainment'.

Charlie Two Tracks
02-21-2013, 05:05 PM
Except for that little boy with a gun, the rest would be asking for it. IMO

Wayne Smith
02-21-2013, 05:16 PM
I have yet to see statistics of cops shot by pregnant women, small children, mothers in playgrounds, or old men at home. They are addressing a "threat" that does not exist. Show me the numbers that prove the threat and I might not be so upset.

Ickisrulz
02-21-2013, 06:49 PM
I have yet to see statistics of cops shot by pregnant women, small children, mothers in playgrounds, or old men at home. They are addressing a "threat" that does not exist. Show me the numbers that prove the threat and I might not be so upset.

It is anti-profiling.

Blacksmith
02-21-2013, 09:23 PM
It's racist they are all white.

runfiverun
02-21-2013, 09:25 PM
can we order some of dudes/chicks in baby blue helmets,or dhs shirts??
how about guy's with pencil thin moustaches holding wine glasses and wearing berets surrendering.

Harter66
02-21-2013, 09:33 PM
At the risk of plagerism, for a brief moment the whole world is a 4" circle. I don't know its as much as that,desensitization is key to being the killing machine. In Nam' troops came to their 1st female combatants in mass. There was significant psychological effect. I wonder whom among us can say w/o doubt that they are able to do the unnatural thing? LEOs and combat vets ?

xs11jack
02-22-2013, 12:06 AM
Another thing about the targets, they have the humans in bright light with the backgrounds blurred out for more emphasis on the human. That just doesn't happen in the real world. A busy background can distract an officer to the point of missing the threat altogether and bang he is dead. While I don't approve of the subjects in the targets, I find that the presentation is wrong and The government can't even get doing something bad right!
Jack

41 mag fan
02-22-2013, 08:18 AM
The conspiracies can abound on this. To throw a conspiracy thought to it, with the DHS and NOAA and so and so forth, ordering ammo out the wazoo, then with these targets......

The gov't is preparing for whats eventually going to happen, middle east up in arms, Greece with its probs, now you got Spain and Portugal starting in, it's only a matter of time, before we this gov't collapses the world economy, which means there'll be uprisings, and they are preparing for war against it's own people.

WILCO
02-22-2013, 09:27 AM
which means there'll be uprisings, and they are preparing for war against it's own people.

Yep. That's how I see it.

starmac
02-22-2013, 12:53 PM
It seems like they have been preparing for a war against it's own people for years, lately it seems like they are trying to start it.

MtGun44
02-23-2013, 02:49 AM
Ominous signs, no good way to look at this.

Bill