PDA

View Full Version : Machine to Decapp / Deprime Pistol Cases

Bonz
02-20-2013, 10:02 PM
Once again, looking for honest opinions...

Would anyone want to purchase a machine that you would connect to your Case Feeder, sort brass to caliber, toss it in the Case Feeder hopper, turn on the machine and it would remove the primers ? If so, how much would a machine like this be worth ?

Of course, Berdan or Crimped Primers would probably be a problem.

onegunred
02-21-2013, 10:57 AM
If the name of this "tool" is wife or child, it could cost you more than it is worth.

Bonz
02-21-2013, 11:12 AM
LOL, already tried the wife option and it made her hands & fingers hurt...

runfiverun
02-21-2013, 01:41 PM
the thing is my case feeder allready feeds the cases into a machine that de-primes them,it sizes them too.
then puts in a new primer and powder...

now if it done 223,308 etc and sized-deprimed that would be a time saver,i wouldn't care if it had a collator i could feed a tube [s] by hand.
using standard sizing dies and such, a price point of say 5 hundred bucks would sell quite a few. [a collator would add another price option]

45fisher
02-21-2013, 04:21 PM
Or children!
My kids all enjoy punching primers.
They make a game out of it...who can punch the most in a minute.

Bonz
02-22-2013, 09:38 AM
the thing is my case feeder allready feeds the cases into a machine that de-primes them,it sizes them too.
then puts in a new primer and powder...

now if it done 223,308 etc and sized-deprimed that would be a time saver,i wouldn't care if it had a collator i could feed a tube [s] by hand.
using standard sizing dies and such, a price point of say 5 hundred bucks would sell quite a few. [a collator would add another price option]

I'm waiting patiently (not) for a Hornady LNL Ammo Plant to take over for my Lyman manual turret press. And both presses can de-prime and then re-prime. I'm still one of those guys that wants to de-prime > wet tumble > re-prime and load. A lot of people keep telling me that I really don't need to clean primer pockets but I still do it :-)