PDA

View Full Version : Peep Sight

EMC45
07-31-2007, 10:35 AM
Ordered a Williams MGWS rear peep for my Marlin 336, and it should be in soon. Any info or advice on this set-up? I loaded 20 rds of 160 gr. RNGC 30-30 over 11 gr. Unique last night. I load one in the chamber, one in the tube.

corvette8n
08-03-2007, 08:42 PM
I put peeps on all my marlins, just load up and fire away adjusting your zero as needed

NVcurmudgeon
08-03-2007, 11:47 PM
I'm guessing you ordered the WGRS and your treacherous keyboard typed a couple of wrong letters. I put one on my stepson's 336 .30/30 and it makes accuracy much easier than with the old factory open sight. Adjusting is kind of a PITA, but if you stick with one good load that's no trouble. You will need a vert small screwdriver for one of the adjustments. Get a parrallel sided one, not one of the common wedge-shaped ones or you'll soon have a screw that can't be adjusted.

EMC45
08-04-2007, 11:44 AM
Thanks guys. I use Wheeler screwdrivers on all gun stuff with great results. The screw is small, very small. I had to put a homemade crush washer under the sliding blocking that the peep screws into, No matter what I did the block wouldn't tighten enough. It kept sliding left/right. I was afraid to strip the aluminum body. So I flattened a 71/2 birdshot pellet and ran the sliding block on top of it. Worked perfect. Haven't shot it yet though.