PDA

View Full Version : What all is in short supply?

wv109323
02-18-2013, 08:27 PM
I know bullets, primers ,powder and ammo are nonexistent. Also high capacity pistols/magazines and AR-15 rifles and components.
But what all else is hard to get? Bullet Molds? Lubri-Sizers? Lead? Reloading Equipment? Presses? Dies? Shell Holders? Reloading Manuals? Case Trimmers?
I live under a rock and have not tried to buy anything lately.

Ben
02-18-2013, 08:30 PM
Boy......are you in for a surprise !

Ole
02-18-2013, 08:33 PM
Everything is still available, you just have to readjust what you thought your dollar could buy.

Jim
02-18-2013, 08:33 PM
Easier answered is what's NOT in short supply.

10 ga
02-18-2013, 08:38 PM
But what all else is hard to get?

Political leadership or anybody in a command position with a grain of intelligence and ounce of courage!

Killem all and let GOD sort them out!

jdgabbard
02-18-2013, 08:44 PM
Everything gun/outdoors/survival/preparedness related is either gone from the shelves, or is priced so high you wouldn't want to buy it. Hope that helps.

SlippShodd
02-18-2013, 08:47 PM
I went to a gun show Saturday and paid $135 for 4000 small rifle primers. The last time they were in stock anywhere in the valley at a LGS, they were at least $35/K, usually $45, but it's been a while since they were in stock. Anywhere. At all.
I bought 3 bricks of .22 LR last week at a store that got what they said would be the last 4 cases they would see until at least April. $20 a brick. I was immediately offered $30 each for them. Any 500 count brick at the gun show: $50.
Freakin' nuts.

mike

runfiverun
02-18-2013, 11:35 PM
reloading manuals are NOT in short supply.
but anything starting with a 2 or a 3 is.

MT Gianni
02-19-2013, 01:15 AM
Patience and common sense are nearly nonexistant.

Shamus
02-19-2013, 01:21 AM
Since the gooberment has declared war on legal gun owners at least verbally, people are buying just about everything gun related. Who knows what lies ahead. New York and California are leading the way....

One thing is for sure, politicians in general are looking for revenue to support themselves in a social utopia dream state far from reality. New taxes are bound to creep up some how. Just look at health care cost sky rocketing. People think guns and ammo is the next revenue cash cow, they may be right. Who knows, its politics at it finest.

AricTheRed
02-19-2013, 09:54 PM
Went to my favorite freedom shop today with a fellow patriot and noticed they had plenty of powder, (only on pound jugs however as I had previously got the last two 8#'ers of Varget), relatively good selection too. I was suprised, but I guess without primers powder is not as useful in little brass cases...

dverna
02-19-2013, 10:53 PM
With the Feds continuing to print money, prices are actually not too bad. Our dollar is worth about 65% of what is was a few years ago - and it will get worse.

The only way to address our debt is to devalue the dollar - think about it.

You should be prepared to pay about 50-100% more than you have in the past. Or, you can wait and pay more down the road if you can find anything to buy. Many will shoot less or stop shooting. I see that happening with Trap shooting big time.

DCM
02-19-2013, 11:15 PM
reloading manuals are NOT in short supply.

Good SCARY point!!!!!!!
Considering that all other stuff for reloading is hard to get.

Jim
02-19-2013, 11:25 PM
My 'Mom & Pop' LGS lady called me today to tell me she found 500 small rifle primers for $20 an' did I want 'em. "Yes Ma'am, I sure do!" Ya' gotta love Miss Jeanette. "I knew that, Jim. They're in my desk drawer."

btroj
02-19-2013, 11:35 PM
A coworker mentioned yesterday he had a friend who decided to start reloading. I told him to have the guy contact me, I would help him along. I figure that beats having a guy potentially be dangerous.

saintdel
02-20-2013, 12:35 AM
Good thinking.

flipajig
02-20-2013, 03:20 AM
Scored around 10,000 primers of various sizes and around 2500 22 cal j word bullets at a garage sale last weekend the privious owner told me he had a bunch of powder that he has to go and get and he will hold it for me. Should be enough to hold me over till this crunch is over.

dilly
02-20-2013, 04:14 AM
Sad times.

rintinglen
02-20-2013, 04:15 AM
Other than guns, ammunition, primers, cases, bullets, powder, time and money, everything is plentiful.

bpratl
02-20-2013, 06:16 AM
Went to Lee's web site and all their popular molds and furnaces are out of stock.

Bonz
02-20-2013, 08:46 AM
I recently had a primer order cancelled by the retailer. I called customer service to vent a bit. She told me that this is the most difficult year for her company to buy ammunition or components for reloading over the 16 years she has worked there. Her company was told that manufacturers can not possibly make any more per day, all of them are running above normal production.

She said the sad truth is that reloaders only get access to reloading components that no one else needs at the time. The US Government and Military have the highest priority and the Ammunition manufacturers make ammunition for the US Government and Military. Whatever ammunition is left over is made available to the public. When the Ammunition manufacturers have all the components that they need, the primers, gun powder, etc. is made available to the public. LOL, we get the scraps...

Ben
02-20-2013, 08:52 AM
This isn't just about primers, and ammo.

I ordered a Cold Steel knife. The lady on the phone said that all they sold was knives. She said that the phone was ringing off the hook and mine might ship in a week. I don't have the knife yet ? ?

nwellons
02-20-2013, 09:03 AM
My son has been thinking about a gun safe since about October. Our local Academy had a whole wall of safes back then. He waited too long; now they usually have 2 or 3 only and they are the least desirable ones.

Shiloh
02-20-2013, 04:10 PM
Easier answered is what's NOT in short supply.

Thats the best way to go about it.

We live in trying times

1Shirt
02-20-2013, 06:26 PM
Short answer "Every thing is in short supply". People are afraid of the government, the administration, and executive orders that bypass congress and the supreme court.
1Shirt!

Kent Fowler
02-20-2013, 06:43 PM
9mm and 40 Smith dies are out of stock everywhere. Not gonna pay what the E-idiots are. Guess I'll wait.