PDA

View Full Version : Reloading European Hulls

Peterloo
02-18-2013, 10:18 AM
Hi all.

I bought Lymans latest relaoding manual in the hope that it would given me some greater insight, but while it is a good source of information it is somewhat USA-centric. Being a Limey I dont get too many of the most popular reloading hulls.

I do get a lot of Fiocchi, Eley, Hull and Gamebore hulls and wonder if there is any information on what European hulls are equivalent to what. I have bisected many of the different branded hulls that I have collected from my clubs bins (much to the dismay of my better half) and they all seem to be pretty much the same construction.

I appreciate the differences between a tapered vs straight hull and a paper vs plastic base wad. I also appreciate that an ad-hoc cartridge is not only a danger to myself but to those around me.

So can anyone give me some direction on what hulls are compatible with what?

MattOrgan
02-18-2013, 11:29 AM
Check Ballistic Products website. They have a lot of free loading data in thier "Load of the Month"
archive area. They seem to be the primary source of EU components in the U.S. I use their data for the Fiochi, Cheddite, and Rio hulls. BP has great loading data books for sale, they are uniformly excellent. Lee has the data sheets for Load All machines basically broken down into loads for compression formed hulls and hulls with a separate base wad. The charts are on Lee's website. No spectacular loads, but all safe and effective.