PDA

View Full Version : Grandaughter with her teddy bear

Lloyd Smale
02-18-2013, 06:39 AM
Heres a pic of my grandaughter with the teddy bad water bill generously gave her. the teddy has a hell of story behind it and has been there and done that! Ill let bill tell the story so it gets said right. For those who dont know bill hes a heck of a guy! If he doesnt have a special place in heaven reserved he can have mine!!

P.K.
02-18-2013, 07:05 AM
Fantastic! Glad she's home, and still praying for a full recovery.

41 mag fan
02-18-2013, 08:34 AM
BWB is a good man. Has a heart of gold and willing to help, esp when it comes to kids.
I'd like to hear the story though....that bear might of just rode in the saddle bags on the pony express!!! [smilie=2::kidding:

dragonrider
02-18-2013, 09:07 AM
I am so happy to hear that she is home and improving. What does she do for hobbies and sports, and how will this injury affect those if any??

Lloyd Smale
02-18-2013, 09:19 AM
believe it or not her favorite thing is motocross racing. I doubt she will be able to do it for a good long time though.
I am so happy to hear that she is home and improving. What does she do for hobbies and sports, and how will this injury affect those if any??

smokemjoe
02-18-2013, 09:25 AM
Thanks for the pic. Lloyd, Been thinking on how she was doing. Joe

Bo1
02-18-2013, 09:34 AM
Beautiful granddaughter Lloyd. She looks alot like my 8 year old daughter.
May God bless her, and we are praying for a speedy and complete recovery.
Bo

Bad Water Bill
02-18-2013, 09:47 AM
Yes that TEDDY BEAR was special to my wife who was born in ESSEN GERMANY in 1936. the bear went with her every night to the bomb shelter till the end of WW2.

When Ilse came to the U S the bear of course crossed the ocean with her. After 7 years Teddy and Ilse crossed the ocean again to try and live in her native town. After a year Ilse found she was now more American than German so she and TEDDY again crossed the ocean returning thru all 5 of the great lakes till I met her at Calumet Harbor in Chicago.:-D

When Ilse and I got married shortly after of course I had to adopt TEDDY.:-D

When Ilse died my daughter officially owned TEDDY.

One day my daughter (LARA )took TEDDY with her to spend some time with my mother. Mom took one look at TEDDY and said "this bear is NAKED" and she was correct. TEDDY had been carried so much over the years most of the mohair had been worn off of TEDDY. Sooo being a good old fashion grandma mom knitted a set of clothes for TEDDY.

For years Lara had TEDDY with her everywhere she went.

When Lara passed away TEDDY returned to my home and has been here again for the last couple of years but TEDDY was very sad.

Last week another crusty old man broke my heart with the sad story about his grand daughters terrible accident.

From the back bedroom there was a loud voice saying "please send me so I can give and get some more hugs"

A couple P Ms and phone calls and a full set of ADOPTION papers (the USPS box) later TEDDY looks much better in Lloyds grand daughters arms than on a shelf in my house.

And that is "THE REST OF THE STORY". and this OLD man has a big smile today thanks to Lloyd and his precious grand daughter.

Olevern
02-18-2013, 09:54 AM
Beautiful granddaughter Lloyd. She looks alot like my 8 year old daughter.
May God bless her, and we are praying for a speedy and complete recovery.
Bo

Need to get that girl a brand new KTM 105 SX and put it in the garage as an incentive and goal.
Rehab can be painful; need to focus on the goal.

x101airborne
02-18-2013, 10:16 AM
Had I known she liked motorcross, I just sold (so cheap it isnt funny) a Suzuki two stroke full custom bike. Two transmissions, three suspension springs, custom handles, new brakes, a little cold natured but ran like a top. I would rather given it to her than take the 600.00 I got for it. This thing would pull the front tire off the ground with my 220 pound butt on it without really getting on it. In fact, I couldn't get on it without having it go over on me. It was a 99 model, but dang, that thing would go.

I love the bear story. I kinda got a little teared up over it. I am glad she, the bear, and BWB are all happy. Many prayers for all of you and if she ever wants to come hunt some pigs with her Daddy, just give me a shout. My ranch is yours.

Roosters
02-18-2013, 10:29 AM
Lloyd glad to hear she doing better. Keep us updated.
Bad Bill you'r realy somthing else !! The world sure could use more like you..
Roosters

s1120
02-18-2013, 10:35 AM
Great back story on the bear. What that guy must have seen!!!!

Bad Water Bill
02-18-2013, 10:58 AM
Great back story on the bear. What that guy must have seen!!!!

I absolutely REFUSE to go there. You would not sleep at night if I repeated some of the stories I heard and some of the results of that survival.

I love that young ladies smile and hope the bear takes some of the pain and suffering away for her. That bandaged hand will never be forgotten.

Those STEIFF bears can work some magic on young folks.

Doc Highwall
02-18-2013, 12:11 PM
That was real thoughtful of you Bad Water Bill.
I would write down the memoirs' of the bear for her so when she passes him on to another adoption they will know of the special powers of bears.

Lloyd Smale
02-18-2013, 12:26 PM
thanks to bill that teddy will be a treasured posession of her and someday maybe her kids.

Lloyd Smale
02-18-2013, 12:31 PM
if my back was better id probably be in the truck right now! She now drives a kx65 kawasaki that we bought her last summer for making the honor role all year in school. It will probably go to the younger grandson now as hes about outgrown his ktm50 and by the time she gets back in shape to drive im sure she will be in the 85cc age group and grandpa is going to have to go shopping for another bike. I raced dirt bikes when i was young and i was just blown away riding even her 65. I think it has all the power any of the 250s i raced did. It will pull the wheel off the ground in a 3rd gear roll on. What i would have given for a bike like that when i was her age! the 85s are about scary fast. Allways gets a good chuckle at the local track when she finishs a race and pulls her helmet off and the long blond hair falls out. Its made more then one little boy and even there parents pretty mad that a girl wipped them.
Had I known she liked motorcross, I just sold (so cheap it isnt funny) a Suzuki two stroke full custom bike. Two transmissions, three suspension springs, custom handles, new brakes, a little cold natured but ran like a top. I would rather given it to her than take the 600.00 I got for it. This thing would pull the front tire off the ground with my 220 pound butt on it without really getting on it. In fact, I couldn't get on it without having it go over on me. It was a 99 model, but dang, that thing would go.

I love the bear story. I kinda got a little teared up over it. I am glad she, the bear, and BWB are all happy. Many prayers for all of you and if she ever wants to come hunt some pigs with her Daddy, just give me a shout. My ranch is yours.

x101airborne
02-18-2013, 01:03 PM
Ah, I had to go back and re-read. I mis spoke saying "Daddy" I meant "Grandaddy". Offer stands, though.

My bike was a 125cc and my deathwish brother in law even said that thing was too fast for most anyone. Even he never found the top end of that thing and he had it to almost 125 mph (estimated). And that is coming from his opinion as a LE professional, so it is an educated guess.

runfiverun
02-18-2013, 01:11 PM
i thought that was a steiff bear just seeing it in the pictures.
good on ya Bill.

Lloyd it looks like she is doing pretty good.
she is still in our thoughts for the recovery period and the re-hab..

smoked turkey
02-18-2013, 04:27 PM
What a great story, and ofcourse it is really great because of some really great people. Bad Water Bill that is a show of love and compassion that we don't see too often in this world today. I had a little problem getting all the way through the story of the bear as I was reading it to the wife in the next room. She had to come in and finish it for herself. I am so thankful that the granddaughter will be smokin them again after a little recovery time.

s1120
02-18-2013, 06:09 PM
I absolutely REFUSE to go there. You would not sleep at night if I repeated some of the stories I heard and some of the results of that survival.

I love that young ladies smile and hope the bear takes some of the pain and suffering away for her. That bandaged hand will never be forgotten.

Those STEIFF bears can work some magic on young folks.

Im sorry. I was refering to the years, and travel... not refering to the horrors of war time. Thanks to you I forsee that little bear seeing many more years, with a new little girl growing up.

429421Cowboy
02-18-2013, 06:27 PM
Amazing story! Just confirms that the guys on here are the best to be found, anywhere! I am glad she is ok and home now, we will still pray for her recovery!

smokeywolf
02-18-2013, 07:24 PM
Lloyd, I'm so happy to see your young lady is out of the hospital and on the mend.

When I passed my oral boards for the sheriff's dept. the Lieutenant told me, "We're going to pass you with one reservation... you seem to lack compassion for your fellow man. I hope we are just mis-reading you". I assured him that I was loaded with compassion for those who deserve it.
Well Bill, this uncompassionate old fart had to wipe a tear away after that story.

The depth and breadth of caring, concern and generosity on this forum shows that fellow forum members are truly far more than just other people that share a common hobby; they are extended family. This forum doesn't just provide a wealth of knowledge, it's also an immeasurable source of therapy and moral support.

Sorry for gettin' all mushy, but the pic of Lloyd's granddaughter hugging her bear and Bill's story was too much to handle silently.

smokeywolf

Alstep
02-18-2013, 08:34 PM
Had to get out my handkerchief while reading your story, GOOD Water Bill. Loyd, I'm so glad your granddaughter is on the mend. I'm sure that bear will have a lot to do with it.

Houndog
02-18-2013, 09:18 PM
Good ,on ya Bill! I'm sure GOD just put another jewel on the crown awaiting you on the other side of the pearly gates.

Ramar
02-19-2013, 10:06 AM
There's "good" and there's "greatness". This is Greatness!

Sgt Petro
02-20-2013, 02:17 PM
Now that is a great story! Glad to see it isn't the end for teddy.