PDA

View Full Version : WNS Phenoix

DIRT Farmer
02-17-2013, 08:53 PM
In three days I will be leaving for the NMLRA's Western National shoot and even after studing the shoot program have not decided which guns to take. I'm not much of a rifle shot when shooting aginst real rifle shooters. So far I am considering the trade gun and the double 10. There are trap and skeet and a few intersting sounding smooth bore matches.

I have never had the oppertunity to travel in that part of the country, have heard West TX has exciting scenery from a few simi drivers.

missionary5155
02-17-2013, 10:29 PM
Greetings
As far as it is to drive and the dollar costs involved I would take my favorite rifle and shoot it for fun just to have done so. Entre fee would be negligable compared to gas,food and whatever just to get there and back.
My mom & sister live out in Sho Low area so been through West Texas numerous times. It is nice and a very distinct difference than being around the Wabash River zone.
Mike in Peru

DIRT Farmer
02-18-2013, 02:30 AM
Actually Mike I am having eye issues, The peep sights have a fuzzy line in the middle of them. I am calling the eye Dr in the morning to schedule an appt for when I get back.
There is some smooth bore matches and I like the trade gun the excuses are much more creative.

Mike.44
03-04-2013, 09:31 PM
Take whatever you want.....just have fun!

DIRT Farmer
03-08-2013, 06:48 PM
Just got back from Phoenix about 2 AM this morning. Still a little groggy, but wow what a time. I have never had time or money to travel much and had always wanted to se that area. We went west on I 40 then returned on I 10 to the Van Horn area through the Texas mountains. I got to see a lot of ountry that I have always wanted to see. The range at Ben Avery is in my opion impossible to describe, AZ has done the state proud with this range. The people were very accomadating and when I went into area resturants wearing something shooting related people ask what event I was there for. The competitors were some of the nicest people one could ask to meet. Good people, good shooting, and great compition, what more could one ask for, well for one used to shooting where humidity exists, how to shoot BP in the dry. And yes they helped me with that too. Trade guns run different there than in the hills and river bottoms of Southern Indiana.