PDA

View Full Version : Silhouette Internationals

gasboffer
07-29-2007, 10:22 AM
I shot in the IHMSA Internationals in Ft. Stockton, TX last week.
Shot Field Pistol, (similar to NRA Hunter Pistol). 80 rounds. Don't want to discuss my score. (75 years old) but had a hell of a good time.
Used a TC Contender in .22 Hornet with RCBS 55 gr. cast GC seated with a .225 Lee sizer, 4.5 gr. Bullseye.
This is an 80 round match with several sighter shots before the match.
The boolits were tumble-lubed with Johnson Paste Wax, (nothing else), and after about 90 rounds the bore was as clean as when I started.
My first silhouette match was in 1976 at Ft. Bliss in El Paso. Been through a lot of guns and ammo and gasoline during that time. Met a world of good friends, (and a few horse's butts), but have enjoyed it all.
IHMSA70
Clyde

jhalcott
07-29-2007, 01:44 PM
some times those "horse butts" are more entertaining then the evening news

Jon K
07-29-2007, 07:52 PM
IHMSA 70,

Clyde, that's an awfully low #, back with the original group. Was that '76?
My IHMSA #29296L(1983)
How was the turnout at the Internationals?
I heard the turnout at the NRA Handgun Silhouette Nationals were pityful, to be polite, and the IHMSA West Coast Match wasn't much better.

In your T/C barrel, is there a long or short throat? Does the boolit seat up close to the lands? What is the groove diameter?
I want to get a 22 Hornet barrel, and cast for it. Any info I can get beforehand will help me choose mold & components to start with.

Jon

gasboffer
07-29-2007, 08:33 PM
Jon

My number is 70L. Yes, 1976 at Ft. Bliss.
I think I was told there was about 80 shooters. Don't know how many entries.
I seat the RCBS 55 gr. gc with just the driving band and gc in the case. Still don't touch the lands. Don't know the groove diameter. Hornet was the most used in Field Pistol.
You can get most of the results at IHMSAaimoo.com. Also, search .22 Hornet Loads on that site, there are quite a few.

GrizzLeeBear
07-29-2007, 08:47 PM
John, Clyde,

I had been shooting a 7TCU with J-word bullets my first couple of years. Started my 3rd year this spring with a 357 Herrett in Unlimited shooting cast boolits. Best I did with the 7TCU was 29. First time out with the Herrett I got 30. Shot a few 32's since then (I'm only a AA shooter in BB right now). I shoot much better in smallbore (AAA in both P and U) with a 38 in P and 39 in U. Still trying for that first 40! Nice to hear from one of the guys that were the pioneers of the sport!

IHMSA 56784

Mugs
07-29-2007, 09:09 PM
Bev and I were both in Fort Stockton also. The final entry count was 520. We both each shot 4 BB entries, cast boolit of course. Kind of a small turn out but everyone had a good time. This was our 18 th. IHMSA international.
Mugs
5940 L
5940 WL