PDA

View Full Version : A tip-o-the-hat to Track of the Wolf

oldfart1956
02-17-2013, 07:15 AM
Folks just had to drop a post here to mention the excellent service, selection and prices I got from a recent order to Track of the Wolf. In between working up loads for the Rugers I wanted to twaddle a bit again with the Trapdoor. (1884) One of the problems I had was finding expander plugs the right girth and the right length. I've got the Lyman M die and the Lyman Multi-expander Die. Neither comes big enough and worse none of the expanders are long enough...not even for the H&G .44 boolits. Yup...you can order other sizes. But...are they long enough? When you're stuffing boolits the length of sausage links in a 45/70 case them little short expanding dies aren't gonna cut it. Finding a Lee Lubesizer big enough was a problem as well. (.460+) Well, guess what....Track has em'. I placed an order on Wed. morning and it was sitting in my mailbox on Sat. afternoon. Everything was in stock, shipped promptly and packaged neatly. Everything was exactlly what they advertised and sized perfectly. I was happy with the prices and sure won't complain about the shipping rates. Even picked up a coupl'a expander plugs oversize so I can mod them for other calibers. At $2.99 I don't know how they make a profit on the expanders. Audie....the happy Oldfart...

Boerrancher
02-17-2013, 09:34 AM
I personally love the service from TOW. If I can't find what I want on the website I just contact them and tell them my situation and what I think I need. They either tell me that is not what I need and sell me what I need or tell me were to find what I was originally looking for, and take my order. Great people, the sales staff. I don't purchase from any place else when it comes to my black powder guns needs.

Best wishes,

Joe

WILCO
02-17-2013, 11:06 AM
http://www.trackofthewolf.com/

oldred
02-17-2013, 12:08 PM
TOW prices are simply unbelievable, in a good kind of way! When I needed brass for my 45/90 along with dies, etc someone recommended them so I checked them out to find the total cost for my order including shipping was over 20% less than the same items from Midway. For example the neck expander plug was less than three bucks! Plus they have a lot of items that are either hard to find anyplace else or just can't be found anyplace else, I really like these guys.

TXGunNut
02-17-2013, 12:56 PM
I've been a happy TOW customer for years. Hard-to-find stuff, all the usual stuff I need, good prices and a great source of info as well. Their hardcopy catalog is simply awesome, will make you want to build a longrifle. They have a "guns for sale" section that is rather dangerous to the pocketbook but great fun if you're careful. They also supply most anything a re-enactor needs with period clothes and equipment. I often prefer their period equipment over modern, especially their knife kits and ML tools.

Wayne Smith
02-17-2013, 12:59 PM
Do they only have Lee expander plugs? That's all I could find.

TXGunNut
02-17-2013, 01:13 PM
It appeared so to me as well, BACO has custom sizers for the Lyman tool body. Another great vendor, IMHO.

JeffinNZ
02-17-2013, 05:24 PM
AND they merrily export to all corners of the world.

Marvin S
02-17-2013, 08:20 PM
I have traded with them for many years. Its my first stop for muzzle loader needs.