PDA

View Full Version : Look what i found at a yard sale!!!

wjb1260
02-17-2013, 12:55 AM
Hey everyone I am new here and have allready said my hello's in a different thread. This is the same reload setup my Dad and my Uncle used back in the day to load there shotgun shells. This set even has the original papers and someone had typed 20ga load data and it is in the box also. I lost all my firearms a few years back in a divorce so I am slowly starting over. Looks like there will be a shotgun in my future lol. Here are some pics of the old Vintage Lee Shotgun reloader.

:castmine:

LUCKYDAWG13
02-17-2013, 12:57 AM
wow that kewl i use to have that same type for my 410 when i was a kid

wjb1260
02-17-2013, 01:04 AM
wow that kewl i use to have that same type for my 410 when i was a kid

With the 20ga load data and looking at the dia its 20 or 12 but yes sir this is so cool. Gosh when I was a teenager I worked all night loading shot shells. Man those were the days lol...

trapper9260
02-17-2013, 08:48 AM
That is the one that I learn on with my farther and brother years ago and that is for 12ga and 410 and I still have it and use the 410 one mainly for 3" ones .will not give them up never know when you might need them again . Thanks for the post and pics .

HighHook
02-17-2013, 09:43 AM
Yep! Brings back good ole memories...

ROGER4314
02-17-2013, 10:56 AM
I still have the Lee Loaders for .357 Mag and .45acp that I used in the mid to late 1960's. I was SO broke then but I loaded thousands of rounds on them!

Flash

Circuit Rider
02-17-2013, 11:16 AM
Roger4314, Going off topic, but at the bottom of your post saw the Harley Idle. I was in my mid 20's and had a '52 Panhead, semi- chopped it. Crank the advance back at idle and an OLD Harley rider said that sounds like it's saying: purty-good,purty-good,purty-good. Could almost count the revolutions. In my early '70's now, and couldn't deal with the back pain to get on one. CR

wjb1260
02-17-2013, 12:03 PM
That is the one that I learn on with my farther and brother years ago and that is for 12ga and 410 and I still have it and use the 410 one mainly for 3" ones .will not give them up never know when you might need them again . Thanks for the post and pics .

Trapper thanks for the info. We never loaded 410 with it only 12 ga. Glad to know it works for 12 and 410. Hmmm now my brain is sayin 410 pistol,410 pistol, lol. Looking over all the stuff I also have a 45 Colt hand loading kit by Lee and yep its all there too. LOL I went to the yard sale actually looking for lead and came home with a box full for a little of nothing. You can find old fishing weights and dive weights from time to time here living around the lake. I found a few weeks ago a Lady selling off he Late fathers stuff and he was a gun dealer so I have all kinds of bullets. Some I can use the 44's went to my best friend. I have several rifle bullets I will never use so I think I will melt the lead out of them and sell the copper. Hey even picked up an RCBS T handle bullet puller with 4 collets,30 cal,35 cal,45 cal,and 44 cal.
I would have to count them all but geez I loaded up on Primers, I cant use any of them but my cousin and best friend can. I bought 2000 Federal Large rifle, about the same small rifle, 2700 Large Magnum Pistol Primers, and 500 shotgun primers, Thats not everything but most of it. Dang I saw the old shotgun loader in the box of junk and offered her 2 bucks for the box and she had the 500 shotgun primers laying on a table and she throwed them in the box. She said I didnt you can have the whole box to get it out of my way( it was late yesterday afternoon) for 5 bucks. I said make it 2 bucks and she said ok :) So I am still looking it all over. Hey I may have something to resell for a good profit.

40Super
02-17-2013, 12:41 PM
Man, around me you will never find any reloading stuff. Few people shoot much around here much less reload so there isn't anything to sell at garage sales except grandma and pop's clothing and whatever couldn't fit in the dumpster.:veryconfu

wjb1260
02-17-2013, 01:06 PM
Well this being on Greers Ferry Lake and where I live is a Resort and Retirement Community, you get lucky sometimes. Not just on reload stuff but allways a little hunting and a lot of fishing supplies. I had like I said stopped to maybe see if there was any lead weights of any kind laying around. Boy did I hit the jackpot... This end of the lake is really not alot of diving but sometimes old dive belt and weights show up in yardsales. You get closer down where the diving is and then there are dive shops and pawn shops. Finding lead weights in a pawn shop could be cheap but not allways.

LUBEDUDE
02-17-2013, 01:13 PM
Nice find. On ebay, the shotgun Lee Loaders fetch higher prices for some reason. Probably because they are not made anymore.(are metallics still made?) They usually pass the $50 mark sometimes hitting $75.

429421Cowboy
02-17-2013, 01:18 PM
Dang, i overpaid, my 12 ga Lee Loader costed me $7 at a garage sale last summer :( Haha they are a fun tool to load on, and i actually think it is not that slow to load a box of shells on them either! Not cheap, but i can get it done and enjoy myself. Sounds like you made a great haul at that sale!

wjb1260
02-17-2013, 01:34 PM
Guys Im still digging lol I also have a complete Lee 7.65x53 Mauser reloading kit. Its a little rusty but everything is there. I have a new pair of Mold handles and 2 (one is new) Lyman hand presses. Dont know what caliber yet but will go thru all the dies for the lyman stuff. I found 3 dies in a die box it says Pacfic 30 M1. OK now I feel bad that I got all this for 2 bucks even tho she only wanted 5 for it all. I really dont think she knew what all this was, it was her dads stuff. Now the lady back in Dec I bought some stuff off of that was her dads, she knew what she had, he was a gun dealer and gunsmith but I got some stuff at a good deal and resold most of it. In the stuff I got back in Dec I kept the Lee 3 die sets in 44mag and 45 acp.

Wayne Smith
02-17-2013, 02:41 PM
If you have Lyman hand dies you probably have 310 stuff. These are the nutcracker handles and the dies that go with them. They are smaller and with a very fine thread. Very good demand for Lyman 310 stuff, I'm in the market for a 45 Colt die set myself. They also work on the TrueLine Jr. press.

wjb1260
02-17-2013, 03:37 PM
Well I got out my digital calipers and miked the inside of the shotshell loader it is 12 gauge. ith measures .729. Some of this stuff I am going to keep but I think I will sell some of it to.

Olevern
02-19-2013, 08:49 PM
Hey everyone I am new here and have allready said my hello's in a different thread. This is the same reload setup my Dad and my Uncle used back in the day to load there shotgun shells. This set even has the original papers and someone had typed 20ga load data and it is in the box also. I lost all my firearms a few years back in a divorce so I am slowly starting over. Looks like there will be a shotgun in my future lol. Here are some pics of the old Vintage Lee Shotgun reloader.

:castmine:

just goes to show ya, choose very carefully in women and firearms! :-) Welcome aboard

wjb1260
02-20-2013, 09:06 PM
just goes to show ya, choose very carefully in women and firearms! :-) Welcome aboard

I did this time. Her Dad is gone now but was a LEO and she was his favorite. He taught her to shoot. :) And she is a darn good shot too!

TheDoctor
02-20-2013, 09:48 PM
I have one of those! Still sitting in it's box, have never used it myself. Not sure about it's previous owner. Payed a good bit more than 7 bucks for it though..... Sometimes you see something that you just gotta have.

P.K.
02-21-2013, 06:41 AM
If it is a 12ga. Lee Loader, I'd like to have a copy of the data, mine is even older than yours pictured and no data.

zuke
02-21-2013, 07:20 AM
Nice and minty looking

ROGER4314
02-21-2013, 01:47 PM
I would LOVE to get a 20 gauge or .410 O/U shotgun and just yesterday looked into reloading 20 gauge and .410. I load tons of 12 gauge so I got into my manuals for loads, then tried to locate hulls and wads to load other gauges. Boy....was I disappointed! Holy cow, that won't work either from a cost or supply perspective!

Circuit rider..........Been riding 50 years as of 2013! My days of long distance trips are over but I still ride the Harley every week. I love riding! We still have our fond memories!

Flash

Redd508
02-21-2013, 02:32 PM
The Lee Loaders are still available. Some calibers have been discintinued but many are still available. I believe the shot shell loaders are discontinued also. I have a 5 or 6 different ones an still use them. Check out fsreloading.com

millsa2
02-22-2013, 11:43 PM
Loaded my first shell with one of those. 12 Ga.

1Shirt
02-23-2013, 01:33 AM
I have one just like it! Loaded 20 gage loads on it for 5-6 years for a Sears Side by Side. Still have it also. Probably loaded a couple of thousand rounds with it and mostly in old federal paper hulls. Think I paid $11.00 for it around 1965 or so.
1Shirt!