PDA

View Full Version : Scored on small pistol primers today

Ohio Rusty
02-16-2013, 02:16 PM
Small Pistol Primers have been non-existant at every gunshop in central and Southeast Ohio. I've called all of them.
I found a fellow on another list wanting to part with 10,000 small pistol primers, so I bought them all !! Great Score !! I got them for a little better price than shpos are selling them now. I was at a gun show last weekend and one dealer had a few sleeves of 100 and he was selling them for $11.00 a sleeve !! OUCH !! The primers are the KVB-9 Tul ammo non corrosive standard pistol primers. Man o' man I'm happy to have them.
Ohio Rusty ><>

Roundnoser
02-16-2013, 03:10 PM
Rusty,

Good score! Its always good to have a healthy supply of primers, powder, etc. Have you ever used Tulammo primers before? You will find they have a slightly snug fit when seating. Also, be sure you seat them fully so that the mouth of the primer cup is resting on the base of the primer pocket...This will ensure positive ignition.

WHITETAIL
02-16-2013, 03:39 PM
Great Find!
I had a good week also.
I have a friend at wook that also shoots.
He just purchasted a Rugar 1911.
He asked me to make some 45 heads for him.
I told him I was in the market for primers.
Well He said how about a swap.
Lead for primers.
I now have 3 full sleves of small rifle primers.
And he has 650 lead 45 heads.[smilie=w:

Huntducks
02-16-2013, 04:42 PM
I had a great score today also I went out in my shop looked at the shelf and there is still a 100+K of primers sitting their.

Not to be too much of a smart a$$ but why did so many of you get caught again with your pants down.

I understand the guys who just bought presses in the last 3-4mo even them I wonder because their are just no componets heck my local supply guy can't keep a Dillon RCBS or Hornady press in stock and he informs his buyers he has no primers very little powder bullets and brass, but they still shell out the $$$ for 550 & 650 Dillons, guess they hope that the next gun show will have everything, all them gun shows seem to have is 3-4 hr waits to get in 2X-3X prices.

clocker
02-17-2013, 12:33 AM
As an ex-firefighter my excuse is NFPA 495 Chapter 11. I haven't seen the 2013 update yet which is supposed to increase some of the limits.

dragon813gt
02-17-2013, 01:01 AM
As an ex-firefighter my excuse is NFPA 495 Chapter 11. I haven't seen the 2013 update yet which is supposed to increase some of the limits.

I'm sure you realize that most reloaders have never read it or choose to ignore it. The reloading bench pics with well over 20#s of powder stored improperly is always one of my favorites. And I doubt anyone realizes you're only allowed to store 10k primers in a residence. Hopefully nothing happens and an insurance claim needs to be filed. Because it would spell financial ruin for a lot of people.