PDA

View Full Version : Tapatalk

MJohnston
02-16-2013, 01:13 PM
I realize its not that expensive but I am curious what others on here that use tapatalk think of it. I am hoping it will help with threads that I want to follow and notify me when new threads are created such as in the swappin section. Or is it a buggy pile of garbage like some of the reviews on the andriod market say it is.

Chicken Thief
02-16-2013, 01:15 PM
I use a keyboard

crawfobj
02-16-2013, 01:18 PM
I really like it. Helps me keep track of threads I've posted in and I can read a much higher volume of "current events" with the latest posts view. This forum via Tapatalk is pretty much my go-to reading material when I have down time. My magazine subscriptions are gathering dust.

I use it on my iPhone and iPad and really like it.

shooter2
02-16-2013, 02:46 PM
I know that I am damned sick and tired of the pop-up ad for the application. I do not need it!

MJohnston
02-16-2013, 02:50 PM
Seems like every forum I go to has that annoying message advertising tapatalk, That's the biggest reason I decided maybe I would go ahead and get it if it bypasses that annoying message. Was curious if it was worth it.

Sgt Petro
02-16-2013, 03:06 PM
I use it and enjoy it. I have only used it on my ipad, but it really helps me keep up with what's new.

popper
02-16-2013, 03:08 PM
I tire of pressing the cancel button on this site.

Phoenix
02-16-2013, 05:38 PM
I like the software but it is far from perfect. If you want to have fast easy access to the forums you frequent on a mobile device. there is nothing better.

Highway41
02-16-2013, 05:46 PM
Have used it since I joined here. On both my phone and tablet. The only time I go to the full website is to connect with advertisers to make an order. One issue I have is that it seems to be a little bit of a data pig, might just be how dang often I'm checking in.

shooter2
02-17-2013, 07:45 PM
I know that I am damned sick and tired of the pop-up ad for the application. I do not need it!

Is there no way for this site to block pop-ups?

Moonie
02-18-2013, 02:18 PM
Is there no way for this site to block pop-ups?

This has to do with the software the site runs, and yes, it can be turned off... Its the site itself that is causing it to pop up.

dragon813gt
02-18-2013, 02:35 PM
I very rarely use the full site. TapaTalk is great but it has drawbacks. First off I'm running an old version of version one. There is a new version two that recently came out and I haven't tried it yet. The most recent version of version one added adds to a paid app. This a big complaint from a lot of users. There should be no advertising in a paid app. I hope that wasn't too confusing. The developers decided to release an entirely new app that you have to pay for, even if you have the first version, instead of just keep upgrading.

You are limited for moderation options. I'm not able to lock threads through the app. Not sure of its because of the version I use. But to lock threads I have to use the full site. Same for post deletion. You are able to modify your posts through TapaTalk.

Pictures load slow and not all formats are supported. If you want to see a larger version of a pic that's hosted here you have to open up the in app browser and then you have normal "pinch" zoom functionality.

Thread links can be screwy. Sometimes it opens them up in the normal TapaTalk. Other times it opens them up in the in app browser.

The drawbacks are minor. Everyone was complaining about the forum software change. I didn't notice it since TapaTalk looks the same. I don't have to see any advertising banners as well. It's worth the money if you want to access multiple forums from a mobile device. Unfortunately I can't say which version to purchase since their are two of them.

Baja_Traveler
02-18-2013, 05:46 PM
I really like it on my iPhone - works flawlessly when on the go.

Sure - I'd much rather surf the forum on a real PC, but when I'm out (standing in line at the DMV etc...) its great!

Just got back from a 1 week ski trip - no internet access on the mountain, but 3G and LTE were working just fine on the phone so I could surf my regular forums at the lodge.