PDA

View Full Version : Lee Classic, How to remove 1.25 inch adapter

Rich22
02-16-2013, 12:55 AM
So I got the Hornady conversion bushing to allow lock N Load bushings to be used on single stage press. My only issue is how on earth to get the adapter that allows normal sized dies to screw in so I can put on the conversion bushing. I do not nor does anyone I know have a wrench that big and the wrenches I have just cannot get any purchase on it to really get it moving. Most likely there is some simple thing I am missing. I am sure many have done this before and I am just not thinking clearly.

Thank you

VHoward
02-16-2013, 02:11 PM
I believe you need a 1 5/16" wrench to get that adapter out. The only wrench I have that would work is an adjustable Crecent wrench that will open to 1 1/2" and that worked just fine.

Lee Classic Cast instructions (http://leeprecision.com/cgi-data/instruct/90998.pdf) You need Adobe acrobat reader for this.

DaveInFloweryBranchGA
02-16-2013, 06:18 PM
Not sure how tight yours is, but I used a large pair of slip joint pliers to remove mine.

DLCTEX
02-16-2013, 10:01 PM
Know any mechanics you can borrow a 1 5/16 wrench from? Barring that, check at a plumbers supply for one of the cheap, plumber's sockets.

EDG
02-16-2013, 11:37 PM
You might try installing a die in the the bushing. Then installing a hex lock ring on the bottom end of the die.
Then break the bushing loose with a socket or end wrench.

nhrifle
02-16-2013, 11:48 PM
I took an extra manpill and muckled on with channel locks and it came right out

Walter Laich
02-17-2013, 12:26 AM
It isn't in very tight though it does have an O-ring to hold it snug.

Nothing I had was big enough some I took the press off the bench, turned it upside down and placed it in my vise and just turned--nothing to it.