PDA

View Full Version : I finally found a classic cast single stage

drklynoon
02-15-2013, 11:16 PM
I have been searching for a Single stage Classic Cast for quite a while now and finally found one. They also had the Hornady benchrest powder measure on hand so I was able to get both at the same time. This should complete my upgrade from the Lyman T-Mag to the Hornady AP. I have a challenger and never cared much for it so I have been reloading rifle on the T-Mag and didn't like that either because of the head flex of the early T-Mag. Now I'm set-up. I'm hoping to sell my T-Mag setup with the 55 measure and the challenger to recoup the price of the LCC and the Hornady measure. Leave it to me to get in the shopping mood during a supply shortage lol. If anyone else is interested in one the site was 10ring.com

VHoward
02-16-2013, 12:18 AM
Enjoy it. I am the one I recently got from Natchez Shooters Supply. I must have got one of the last ones. They are out of stock now.. The Hornady Lock-N-Load die bushing conversion kit works great in the Classic Cast. Doing it that way would allow you to easily use the dies from the L-N-L AP press you have.

drklynoon
02-16-2013, 01:29 AM
I'm just glad to have been able to find one that is not a breech lock model. I really do not like having spent primers expelled into the press body. This was one of my main beef's with the challenger.

VHoward
02-16-2013, 02:04 PM
But..... That's the best feature of the Challenger! :razz:

Anyway, you will find that the Classic Cast is vastly superior to the Challenger. I did.

joec
02-16-2013, 02:11 PM
I agree on the Lee Classic Cast with the Hornady LNL and use mine for mostly brass shot shells with black powder and bullet sizing. My main press is the Lee Classic Turret so I can use both the handles, and primer setup on both presses. The LCC also works great for a 5th die if need be.

drklynoon
02-16-2013, 08:27 PM
They sent me an update and unfortunately the bench rest powder measure is out of stock. Oh well I told them to go ahead with the press thought. I was afraid that the new breech model would replace the older LCC and am unwilling to take the chance.