PDA

View Full Version : MT ELk tags

MT Gianni
07-28-2007, 01:54 PM
I was surprised with a cow tag in todays mail. I was not expecting a draw for a couple of weeks. Antelope results were not finalized on the site yet. Gianni

MtJerry
07-28-2007, 04:34 PM
I got mine too ... drew a Cow Tag for the Highwood Mtn. east of Great Falls.

Shot a nice cow 3 years ago there. 6x7 Bull was standing about 30 ft from her when I shot.

Bullshop
07-28-2007, 04:39 PM
Kewl! I got one too. A late season cow moose tag for the area I live in. I hope to use it for the one thats eating my cabage.
BIC/BS

Onlymenotu
07-28-2007, 06:00 PM
Kewl! I got one too. A late season cow moose tag for the area I live in. I hope to use it for the one thats eating my cabage.
BIC/BS

He He is FAT"N"EM up before Hunting Season aye...* is that not baiting*
[smilie=1: no wonder you have sutch a high harvest rate:Fire: :Fire:

Bullshop
07-29-2007, 01:03 AM
No sir thats got nuthin tado with baiting. All it is is just plain steelin and I cant do a thing about it, unless I draw a tag, and I did, so I will!!!
Baiting ya say, Ha! we is the ones eatin cabage with moose slobber on um.
N it ate all the beats too, stupid animal!!! Makes me mad!!!
Say you shoulda seen the buffalo today when we was cumin back with a load of fire wood. Bout 20 animals run down the road for bout a mile an when we got bout a few 100 yards from um a young bull turned an run straight at us. I was going about 15 mph on the rough dirt road and wasnt too excited thinkin he would turn. He just kept cumin and I did get a little scared he might poke some holes in ma truck. When he was about on us I was yellin at the boys, gimmy the gun gimmy the gun and he skidded to a stop and so did we. He was a shakin his head and snortin then wheeled around quick an run smack into a tree then wobbled off in the brush. I dont know if my ins. covers bein gored by a buffalo n I dont care ta find out.
Happy huntin!
BIC/BS

Beerd
07-29-2007, 01:46 PM
Bullshop,
When is late season in the Great White North? I would think with only a couple hours of daylight you have to hunt fast! :-)

Bullshop
07-29-2007, 05:30 PM
The late season starts Oct-1 and ends Nov-1. Our subsistance season starts Aug-1 this wednesday that gives a total of 90 days to get a moose. Still I can get only one moose. If I get a bull in the regular season then the cow tag is void. As a houshold we can get more than one moose if other members have a valid hunting license. We can also get 2 caribou, 5 black bear, and 1 girzzly per license holder per year. Those are over the counter options not to mention drawings. The late season cow was a drawing.
BIC/BS