PDA

View Full Version : Pre 64 model 94

Mohillbilly1999
02-15-2013, 07:02 PM
I am the proud owner of a 1952 model 94. It is in pretty good shape with just a wee bit of surface rust in a couple spots. It has a Lyman peep installed. It shoots very well. My question for you with more pre 64 acumen is about the lever. It seems to unlatch very easily. Is this normal? Is it the the little spring loaded retaining pin that is worn? Any help is appreciated.
Bret

Marvin S
02-15-2013, 07:17 PM
If it dont show sighns of obvious wear you might suspect the spring behind it. Welcome to the forum.

Mohillbilly1999
02-15-2013, 07:31 PM
Thanks, glad to be here. Is there a name for that particular part? Is there a good schematic diagram with the parts listed. This pre 64 is a dream for me...call me silly. It has lots of history and is truly a great part of America.

bob208
02-15-2013, 07:41 PM
go to gun parts corp. they have a schematic and the parts most of the time.

gunfan
02-15-2013, 07:49 PM
I am the proud owner of a 1952 model 94. It is in pretty good shape with just a wee bit of surface rust in a couple spots. It has a Lyman peep installed. It shoots very well. My question for you with more pre 64 acumen is about the lever. It seems to unlatch very easily. Is this normal? Is it the the little spring loaded retaining pin that is worn? Any help is appreciated.
Bret

Welcome, Bret. Gun Parts (Numerich) is very good at helping you find what you want/need. If you have considered a deep, professional re-blue it might be a good option.

Scott

Mohillbilly1999
02-15-2013, 07:58 PM
Thank you. Appears to be friction stud and spring. I may reblue in future, but now am enjoying the aged patina.

gunfan
02-15-2013, 08:28 PM
Bret

Welcome, Bret. Gun Parts (Numerich) is very good at helping you find what you want/need. If you have considered a deep, professional re-blue it might be a good option.

Scott