PDA

View Full Version : Lipsey’s Exclusive Ruger Bisley Super Blackhawk 44 Magnum with 3.75 Inch Barrel

JesterGrin_1
02-15-2013, 01:30 AM
Just thought I would throw this out there. It is a Lypsey's Ruger Bisley Super Blackhawk in .44 Magnum with a 3.75" Barrel. I have had this thing on order since December 4th lol. It should be here by the end of this next week. Crossing Fingers.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v453/SHAKERATTLEROLL/00818_KRBS-43N_Lie_Rt.jpg

And here is some action video and more information on it at GunBlast http://www.gunblast.com/Ruger-LipseysBisley.htm

And as most have to do now I had to sell something to get something lol. So I Sold my Marlin 336 Cowboy in 38-55 and used those funds to purchase this Revolver.

My Favorite Pistol Caliber is the .44 Magnum. :)

I will give a report after I get to shoot it. I plan to make up some Lyman 431244 255gr SWC/GC, Ranch Dog 265Gr RNFP/GC,Lee 300Gr RNFP/GC,MiHec 300 Gr RNHP/GC and maybe an RCBS 325GR RNFP/GC. :) I might even throw some Hornady 240GR HPXTP's into the Mix lol.

Along with the fact that instead if using my Old Remington .44 Mag Brass I got some New Starline .44 Mag Brass for the Thumpers.

Any Thoughts on this Pea Shooter would be Grand. :)

Lefty SRH
02-15-2013, 07:40 AM
Very nice!

44man
02-15-2013, 11:03 AM
Sure not a pea shooter! :Fire:
My very favorite deer caliber EVER. That is a beautiful gun and one of the only reasons I don't like short barrels is the sight clicks move POI too much.
I got to used to the 1, 2, 3, 4 thing where a click is 1" at 50 meters, etc.

Love Life
02-15-2013, 11:11 AM
Should be a handful! Congrats on the new pocket cannon and I hope she shoots better than you do.

JesterGrin_1
02-15-2013, 12:49 PM
Should be a handful! Congrats on the new pocket cannon and I hope she shoots better than you do.

If it hits a barn it will shoot better than I do lol. :)

Love Life
02-15-2013, 12:52 PM
I hear you Jestergrin. I go for MOB (minute of broadside) when shooting pistols.

JesterGrin_1
02-15-2013, 02:48 PM
I hear you Jestergrin. I go for MOB (minute of broadside) when shooting pistols.

Since you are Military you will understand this lol. I learned that your Rifle is your main Weapon and if you have to use a Pistol you have made some major mistakes to get you to that point. Or to say if you need a Pistol you are thinking Oh Dang lol. To put it nice.

And out of all of the Calibers of Pistols I have used I have found I do the best with the .44 Magnum. Plus it is sooooooo dang versatile. Also I tend to be a wheel gun shooter. For a couple of reasons one of which I tend to shoot better with a Wheel Gun and also you do not have to worry if a load will feed or cycle a wheel gun.

Do Auto's have there place well you bet. But this new Short Barrel Pea Shooter should be my main carry along Pistol. I mainly carry one for Travel to and From the Hunting Lease of which is on one of the main drug routs in South TEXAS. Heading down towards Asherton TEXAS. And I will carry it when not expressly hunting. Mainly when on the Tractor or just filling feeders or walking about.

I will only have a couple of .44 Mags. One is the Original All Stainless 629 Classic of which is a darn fine accurate pistol. But it is Big lol. I did have a Ruger Stainless Bisley Hunter in .44 Mag of which was also very accurate as I have posted on this forum. But really it was just too darn Large to just carry around so much in fact I decided that if I was going to carry that Pistol I might as well carry a Rifle instead lol. So I let it go and started looking for a Short Barrel Single action. And just as I was about to pull the trigger on a Ruger Super Blackhawk Stainless in .44 Mag with the 4.5/8" barrel I saw this Little Bugger. And as they say the rest is History lol. :)

Lefty SRH
02-15-2013, 06:13 PM
I shot the plow handle version of that pictured cannon today. It wasn't NEAR as bad as I thought it would be. Although I do prefer the Bisley over the plow handle.

Para82
02-15-2013, 07:04 PM
I have this exact pistol. Bought it in Sept 2012 as a birthday present to my self. Just got back today from the range and fired two cylinders full of 240 gr Federal factory.Really like this pistol! Need to load some hard cast loads for it. Don't have a mold yet. Any favorites? Can not hunt here in WV with a hand gun with less than 4inch barrel,I use a Glock 20 10MM for this,but I think this would make a really good packing pistol. I am still looking for a good holster for mine.I would have no problem recommending this pistol for any one looking for a large caliber packing pistol. Just my opinion though. Hope this helps ya.
Para82

chsparkman
02-15-2013, 07:23 PM
I'm a huge Ruger fan (in fact I just picked up another .41 Bisley today) and that little .44 looks just awesome! Enjoy the ride!

JesterGrin_1
02-15-2013, 08:43 PM
I shot the plow handle version of that pictured cannon today. It wasn't NEAR as bad as I thought it would be. Although I do prefer the Bisley over the plow handle.

The Plow handle design was not hard to find. But they were the same price as the Bisley. But you know how things go I wanted the Bisley lol. Still Waiting but I hope the middle of this next week. :)

JesterGrin_1
02-15-2013, 08:44 PM
I have this exact pistol. Bought it in Sept 2012 as a birthday present to my self. Just got back today from the range and fired two cylinders full of 240 gr Federal factory.Really like this pistol! Need to load some hard cast loads for it. Don't have a mold yet. Any favorites? Can not hunt here in WV with a hand gun with less than 4inch barrel,I use a Glock 20 10MM for this,but I think this would make a really good packing pistol. I am still looking for a good holster for mine.I would have no problem recommending this pistol for any one looking for a large caliber packing pistol. Just my opinion though. Hope this helps ya.
Para82

Well show that little Pea Shooter Off lol.

As for Boolit selection it all depends on what you are going to do with it? But there are Tons of threads on Boolits for the .44 Magnum here on the forum. :)

My Two Favorites are the Lyman 431244 255Gr SWC/GC of which I feel is a pretty good all around BOOLIT.

If I feel a little nutty the Lee 300 Gr RNFP/GC fills the bill. It is a very accurate BOOLIT. But due to the weight of the Boolit will Generate some RECOIL lol.

Para82
02-16-2013, 12:40 AM
JesterGrin 1
Thanks for the info on the loads. Will try to find those molds. I am just starting to cast for some pistols I have. Iam not really recoil shy but don't normally need the nuclear loads! May try to work up some loads tomorrow with some 240 gr factory hard cast I have laying around.Usually load for a original Ruger 44 mag carbine with H110 and 240-300 gr XTPs.Thanks again
Para 82

Lloyd Smale
02-16-2013, 05:52 AM
very cool gun and if it was 10 years ago id probably have two on order but being retired new guns dont get justified often and about the only way to get one is to trade of sell something else and im pretty flush with 44 mags right now. Id bet its a pussycat with that bisley grip frame. In my opinion youd have to search hard to find a much better gun to stick in a holster everyday while wondering the woods. It will be fairly light, compact enough to stick in a belt holster, comfortable to shoot even with heavy loads and will pack a good punch with the right loads and be a great plinker with light loads. Whats not to like!!! Only critisisms will come from the guys that like there handguns to be about the same size as my leverguns!

44man
02-16-2013, 10:10 AM
Yep, Lloyd, that's me! :coffee:
I admit I like 6" or more for hunting and long range. Things would be different if I was rifle hunting and needed a back up gun or was in bear country.
I just can't get exited over 2" shorter, only a few ounces in the end while sight radius is lost.
If it is needed for quick draw, I have to guess there is only about 5% of our members capable, might be far less. I can't do it at all!
Deer hunting is a slow game. The gun needs to be in hand across your legs when on stand or in hand hanging from a sling when stalking.
They can be very large because after a kill and gutting, put the strap on the deer, put the revolver in the holster and hands are free.

Dogmann
09-01-2013, 11:42 AM
I like the bisley better then the plow handle.

Thumbcocker
09-02-2013, 09:44 AM
Have the gun. Not unbearable on recoil. 429421 over 9 grns of power pistol is accurate. Same boolit over 22 of h110 is a handful but not unbearable.

Shuz
09-02-2013, 12:24 PM
Can't seem to get to Page 2 therefore this post!

W.R.Buchanan
09-02-2013, 05:43 PM
Jester: I'm still back at trying to get you to shoot the Glock! I have to tell you that learning to shoot it will make you a better "All Around" Handgun shooter. It made me shoot my Bisley's much better.

I have a SBH .44Mag with a 5" barrel I had cut to 5", and a BH Bisley .44 Spec with a 4-5/8" bbl. I rarely shoot Full house loads in either one simply because you just don't need to.

My .44 mag loads are 22gr of H110 and 429244GC sized to .432 and they get shot mostly in my Marlin Rifle.

I can shoot about 12 of these "not that hot magnum loads" accurately and then I'm done.

429421's at about 900fps will do just about anything you could want short of a great bear stop. Probably better off with Bear Spray for that anyway, since no one has ever failed with real live Bear Spray.

I have a variety of .44 moulds including Mihec, Lyman, Lee, and Magma, and all work well and make accurate boolits. And all should work in your gun just as well.

My Magma mould does 190gr SWC's which I load over 5.0 gr of 231. Same load works just fine for 429421's as well for good plinkers.

I would go with 429244's for hunting rounds and stay in the 1000-1100fps range. Maybe 800-900 in the short bbl.

Good Luck I know you'll have fun. Shoot the Glock too.

Randy

JesterGrin_1
09-02-2013, 09:08 PM
It will probably be awhile before I mess with the Glock due to ammo and time.

I know this will sound strange but I have always done pretty good with Wheel Guns. But when it comes to an Auto all that goes out the window lol.

I have not had a chance to mess with this Little Bisley as of yet. But I do like the .44 Mag. My favorite kick around load is a 240GR SWC with 5.5Gr of TiteGroup of which is around 900FPS. The other load is the Lee 310Gr RNFP with 21.0Gr of H-110/W-296. I also have the 431244GC and the MiHec 300Gr HP.

W.R.Buchanan
09-03-2013, 11:08 PM
Sounds like all you need is some time to throw some ammo together and go out. You've got the bases covered as far as moulds go.

The reason why I keep shoving the Glock back in front of you is because the basic skills of shooting a handgun are best taught with one of those..

It made all the difference in the world in my Wheelgun shooting to have taken the defensive courses.

You can also use that Ruger for defensive purposes, but knowing how to handle, point, shoot, reload quickly are all things to be learned with the Glock and then transferred to the Revolver.

It is much harder to transition the revolver to the Glock, than the other way around.

Plus that you've already got it. so you should shoot it. Go To Front Sight, take a Defensive Pistol Class. You'll be a completely different class of shooter when you get back.

Just talked to my Sister In Law who is in Vegas right now and it is just like SA TX with the monsoons.

I was at Randolph AFB for 2 1/2 years back when. loved it.

Randy.

Shuz
09-04-2013, 03:02 PM
Am I the only one who can't get to page 2?

JesterGrin_1
09-04-2013, 03:34 PM
Shuz you are on page 2 lol. Just go down to the bottom and select page 2 lol. For some reason it does not automatically take you to page 2 lol.

W.R.Buchanan
09-04-2013, 03:35 PM
You're on page 2 now.

DougGuy
09-04-2013, 03:40 PM
Jester throw you about 20.0gr of H110 behind some of those Lee boolits and wait til just a little past dusk to touch 'em off!