PDA

View Full Version : Pondering Selling Marlin 1895 GS 45/70

BlackRifleShooter
02-15-2013, 12:44 AM
I have an 1895 GS 45/70 I am considering selling. I like the gun, its very handy. I am more interested in SemiAuto flatter shooting calibers right now than real stompers and I am wondering what this gun would be worth. It is Stainless and has a few nicks on the stock and a scratch or two here or there. It is in pretty good shape overall though. It's a pre remington but it does have a cross bolt safety, I also removed the rear sight and put a scope mount and a Red Dot sight on it. I have the rear sight somewhere. So what do you all think it is worth?

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii70/Emptyinmymag/c85edbd3.jpg

jh45gun
02-15-2013, 02:31 AM
Take my advice keep it and save for the gun you want. My Experience Being POOR and making trades for a lot of guns I wanted I have had cases of remorse getting rid of guns I liked to fund the gunitis disease. Only trade I have not felt bad about is the trade I made trading off a Henry 22 mag because I never shot it due to the price of ammo and a Uberti cattleman which I really liked but the old fashioned fixed sights on it made it hard for me to shoot. Traded them both off on a Rossi Ranch Hand in 45 Colt and I am happy. But I have made trades or sold guns to fund for others and later wished I would not have done it.

280Ackley
02-15-2013, 08:41 AM
I have a very simular one that is in blue. The only differences being that mine has a set of Ashley Ghost Ring Sights on it and a Wild West happy trigger. I'm taking it to a show this weekend and putting it on my table for $750 and see what happens.

Nobade
02-16-2013, 09:19 AM
I sure wouldn't be getting rid of any lever guns right now!

TXGunNut
02-16-2013, 02:04 PM
I generally regret selling or trading guns and will avoid it in most cases. If I ever do start selling off guns my Guide Gun will be one of the last to go.

oldred
02-16-2013, 03:51 PM
I sure wouldn't be getting rid of any lever guns right now!

You got that right! With the way things are going now selling at this point is almost a guaranteed way of contracting a case of seller's remorse, lever and bolt guns are only going to increase in demand and value.

DLCTEX
02-16-2013, 10:49 PM
I have bought and sold many guns in my life and regret most of the sales, but most regret the ones that were stolen.