PDA

View Full Version : Bear Creek Boolits?

JesterGrin_1
07-27-2007, 11:52 AM
What are your thoughts on these Boolits?

Thank You for your thoughts. :)

Buckshot
07-29-2007, 03:46 AM
.................Hold on :-), someone must have bought some!

...............Buckshot

Newtire
07-29-2007, 10:17 AM
What are your thoughts on these Boolits?

Thank You for your thoughts. :)

It must have been 15 years ago that I bought some of these in .44 caliber in Petaluma or thereabouts while on a trip to Fort Bragg, Calif. I thought they were a 265 grain bullet but may be wrong as I see they don't sell one like it except for maybe their 277 grainer. If they are anything like they were, it was a real fine slug.

Anyway! They shot very good in my .444 Marlin.

The bevel base 240 grain one looks exactly like the one made by a former work colleage of mine. I shot those up to full house loads in the .444 and they were just as accurate as the jacketted variety. Not even a hint of leading. He made a big secret about how they baked on this finish & all so at the time, I didn't know what they were.

I haven't heard much on the moly coated bullet/boolit here and really haven't thought much about them but the little .32-20 looks like a pretty good deal to me. I see they are not taking orders for 3-4 weeks while getting their web page together but as soon as they do, I am going to order some of those .32's.

I would say they are worth a try at those prices.

modoc
07-29-2007, 04:56 PM
My Browning B92 seems to like the 180gr FP at CAS distances. They have been reasonably priced, and I was using them to help my wife to identify the loads that went with each rifle.

cpt Dan Blodgett
08-05-2007, 07:50 PM
Just Shot some bear creek 180 grain .323 out of my 32 special (26 inch octogon barrel 100 years old) at about 1400 fps. Hardly any lead in bore. The rifle seemed to like the 9.5 grains of nitro Put three rounds under 2 inches at 100 yds. Not bad for open sights and 57 y. o eyes.