PDA

View Full Version : Ghost busters, who ya gonna call...

Swagerman
07-27-2007, 12:12 AM
Was watching one of those Haunting series on the Scifi channel, this is a documented series that does paranormal investigations.

Don't laugh, this is as good as Area 51 and Art Bell.

These three jokers were intent on investigating the Wahshoo Hotel which I believe is in Goldfield, or Virginia City Nevada. They had all this scientific camera gear which was even capable of infrared focus in the dark.

Got permission from the owner of the Wahshoo Hotel, (probably misspelled Wahshoo) to have him lock them in for the night so they could scare up some ghost. They got more than they bargained for and they were the ones who got scared up. One guy bugged out completely as they not only seen the ghost, but filmed and heard them talking.

Now these ghost were from the early period of those old gold towns, so they kind of figured the Wahshoo belonged to them for their past transgressions when they were alive. Bare with me, I getting to a point...I hope.

My question to you fellow forum members is...have you ever met a real dead spook that was walking and talking, moving objects like a brick flying through air and fallen back to the floor. They had that on film as well...guess that's what really spooked them as they realized they could be the target of a heavy object if they pi$$ed the spooks off to much.

These clowns also got permission to spend the night in the Viginia City cemetery from the local sheriff, which is usually locked up at night. People have seen too many glowing orbs floating around in that place and its scared them silly.

These jaspers were filming and setting on the roof of a big grave monument, filming some orbs and jabbering excitetedly, then something cold strongly pushed them off their perch. Well, that did it. They lit out for the front gate and a hastey exit.

Now my point is, back around 1958 I once went prospecting with a Navy buddy when we were in our 20s, we drove from Alameda NAS to Bodie California, then decided to explore the nearby Nevada area for more towns. We ran into an old married couple stuck in a fast flowing stream in a Volkswagen bus, they were rock hounds. We had some heavy rope and hooked them up and pulled them back out.

They were a little leary of us at first but after hearing our background they figured we were rock hounds too. They inviteted us to follow them to Aroara Nevada and old ghost town that had seen better times. They advised us to spend the night in the cemetery as it was about the flatest place to lay out a bed roll. And believe it or not that's just what we did, put our sleeping bags between some dirt grave mounds. All went OK, no spooks bothered us, but I'm not sure about my friend Tom's snorring might have awaken some of the locals.

But one night of that was enough, so the next day we moved into what was left of the town and the city hall with no doors or windows.

Hey, this is alright, just like the Holliday Inn, two rusty iron spring single beds just waiting to take our sleeping bags. It was getting real dark and had to light the coleman lantern and fire up the coleman stove to cook some supper. I'm cooking and Tom is streched out on his bed, our attention drawn to the open door.........Wahhoo! There stands the biggest rat on the face of this planet, he must have been as big as a German Shepard. The evil eye and sharp teeth were giving us the once over, Glaring: 'What are you two clowns doing in my house.'

Well right then and there we both decided we'd be sleeping in my 52 four door ford.

We both had revolvers, but the rat did an about face and left us two thinking a 357 may not be enough gun to put him down.

Well, that's my spook story, sleeping between the graves was a lot safer than the city hall.

What's you're spook story???

Jim

Scrounger
07-27-2007, 12:47 AM
Check these out:

http://paranormalstories.blogspot.com/

http://www.realhaunts.com/haunted-houses/united-states/nevada/

http://www.allstays.com/Haunted/nv_goldfield_goldfield.htm

Boz330
07-27-2007, 09:27 AM
Back in 83 I was staying at a friends place that he rented. His farm was were I deer hunted and still do although he has passed on. Anyway this house was built at the turn of the last century by the owners father. And since she lives in another state she rented the place out to someone she trusted. I stayed in the upstairs bedroom and one night I heard my friend Billy clomping down the hall in work boots. The house had hardwood floors so it was very distinctive. I thought that he was coming to wake me up but he never stuck his head in the door and said anything.
Later on him and his wife started telling me about some of the stange things that were happening in the house, and I related the story. They said that they heard footsteps all the time. The 2nd floor had 4 bedrooms with bathrooms in between each 2. One night their daughter and a cousin were in the bedrooms on either side of one of the baths when the water in the tub came on. Both girls thought that the other was taking a bath. One of them finally hollared "how long are you going to run that water Michelle"? Michelle answered from the other bedroom that she wasn't in the bath and thought that the other girl was.
They figured that the ghost was the original owner and builder Norbert. Other than making stange noises and closing doors and running water he wasn't a hassel and they never felt threatned. Many of these occurrences were witnessed my multiple people.
I just wonder why, if there are ghosts, these things only happen in certain places. The only thing that kinda makes sense to me is that in times gone by people didn't move around as much as today. You had family farms and even houses that people were born in, lived in, and in some cases died in.

Bob

Bret4207
07-27-2007, 09:57 AM
Wrestling is real too.

Swagerman
07-27-2007, 11:12 AM
Scrounger, those are good links to the Goldfield hotel ghost.

The dipsnort investigators were aware of the blighter who killed the ***** and new born baby, it was reputed he threw the baby down a bottomless mineshaft. I believe the locals of that early period hung him out to dry.

Our fearless heros were taunting this ghost, mocking him as cowardly and running away from them and their cameras. But when the brick went flying, so did they in the opposite direction.

Brett, wrestling what?

In my early youth of 20s and 30s, spent some time in Virginia City and the local cemetery, but it was in daylight time. No spooks then.

Hey, in one of the old time saloons, think it was the bucket of blood, hit a dime slot machine jackpot, the three jackpot bars lined up and a bell gave a short ring, but no money came out. Owner came over and give the machine a good shaking and out poured the multitude of dimes...probably $20 if I remember right.

Machine could have been haunted. :mrgreen:

Jim

fourarmed
07-27-2007, 12:18 PM
"Artificial sweeteners are safe, there are WMDs in Iraq, and Anna Nicole married for love."

Nueces
07-27-2007, 12:20 PM
HAHAHAHAHAAAA

Wrestling is real too.

MT Gianni
07-27-2007, 06:56 PM
I have been in certain areas and assumed I was alone or that our group was alone. On 3 occasions we or I got the distinct impression we were not alone and were to leave. Call it ghosts, unseen cougars, or who knows what [one of these was in town , 2 in the woods] I think that there are things that cannot normally be seen on this Earth. gianni.

Bret4207
07-27-2007, 07:20 PM
No doubt in my mind that there are all sorts of things we don't sense, know about or even recognize. I've seen a few things that I still can't explain without resorting to terms associated with "the paranormal". On the other hand I don't think the TV show is anymore real than the Munsters or Scooby Doo. Sadly, my wife and kids LOVE shows like that.

Halfbreed
07-27-2007, 07:59 PM
I have talked to my grandad 2 times in my life, once when I was about 14 and in real emotional stress, he kept me from killing a few folk, who in my mind had it comin good, then again a few days after I got married. thing is, he died 2 months before I was born. Say whatever you like, But I believe there is alot more to this world than is what in this " dimension" for a lack of a better term.
John

Swagerman
07-27-2007, 08:10 PM
Speaking of feeling strange vibes in the woods, a friend of mine and I, were hunting in some woods in an area of old Kalifornia forest growth, it looked like a movie set. Heavy fog, dampness, mossey stuff hanging from the tree limbs...it got very dark, even though it was daylight time.

A strange forboding uneasiness begin to creep into our outlook on being there. Something deffinetly wasn't rignt. Even though we had deer rifles we didn't feel all that protected with them.

My friend looked at me, I said: OK, lets bug out for the truck...and we did. As soon as we got back from the twilight zone, the daylight came back and we drove someplace else.

We figured that not even a deer would be dumb enough to hang around in that spooky area, as we didn't see another living thing while in there.

I know what yer gonna say: SCAREDY CATS...you are so right in that instance.

But have you ever spent the night between two graves in a sleeping bag?

Jim

felix
07-27-2007, 09:17 PM
Walking in NYC after about 10 PM. Two followed Pat and me. Then two more. Then four more. The were closing on us, slowly but surely. Stores were closed. Finally made it to the hotel by maybe a 1/3 block to spare.

On honeymoon, driving on the mountain road from Colorado Springs (Pikes Peak area) to Denver, a trek of about 50 miles on rock road with extreme hairpin curves and no guide rails. Top speed 3 or 4 mph. Left at about 3 PM and got to our motel in Denver at about 3 AM. This road was on the map, but should not have been.

... felix

floodgate
07-27-2007, 10:53 PM
I'm a retired scientist (experimental physics) and, thus, a total rationalist, right? But I was raised in an old house in Sam Francisco with a benign poltergeist as a baby-sitter. He/it had a weird sense of humor: one morning, my folks came downstairs to find the grand piano moved across the foot of the stairs (of course, it COULD havebeen an earthquake which they somehow missed). They used to hear footsteps clumping up and down the basement stairs of the house with which we shared a wall. Only, when they went next door after the inhabitants had moved out, there was no basement. Hmmm...

As a child, my wife was visiting relatives who lived next to an old mill. She went exploring, went onto one room, and ran out in total hysterics. Eventually, after they calmed her down, they told her a young girl her age had been raped and murdered there, several years before. Our present retirement home, an old farmhouse, though, has no apparitions at all; but it feels totally comfortable and secure, ratty as it is. The original occupants must have had a fully happy life here.

"There are more things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio...."

floodgate

9.3X62AL
07-28-2007, 03:14 AM
Having not seen or sensed the presence of paranormal occurrences, I'm not in a position to confirm their existence. But I'm not able to dismiss them out of hand, either.

Street officers develop "sixth senses" about hazardous situations, and most of my partners can relate at least one incident where "something told me not to go there/do that". This sixth sense may be nothing more than a collusion of combined normal senses working in concert to become more than the sum of its parts--or maybe it's something else. I don't know.

I DO KNOW IT IS REAL. Winter 1986, along I-10 in Beaumont--I shut down a car on the freeway doing 90+ in light snow at about 3 A.M. Not a real surprise--drunks were always gassing it back to L.A. from Palm Springs after the bars closed. As I stand up from behind the wheel, a strange chill went right up my spine from tailbone to neck, and the "little voice" subconsciously said DO NOT APPROACH THAT DRIVER.

I walked behind the patrol car and approached the stopped vehicle in a wide circle from the passenger side. In the spotlight's illumination I could see the driver/sole occupant turned about awkwardly, looking in the direction of my car. He turned back forward a little, and I could see he had a small pistol in his right hand.

"DROP THAT STINKING GUN!!" Or something similar. Startled, he did drop the pistol to the floormat. "DO NOT MOVE!!" He didn't. I got a little help from my friends via radio, and he was taken into custody without further ado. Parolee at large, seeing starships from doing $400/day of cocaine IIRC--it would have pissed me off greatly to get shot at or shot with a *** 25 ACP.

So--whatever it is--it's real.

357maximum
07-28-2007, 08:05 AM
Apparently all the spirits/ghouls/ghosts/whatever have alot better company to keep than with me nowadays.

However I used to see an old woman in a rocking chair from time to time in the bedroom of my youth. There was no rocking chair in my room, and the house was a old converted post office from days gone by. She would just sit there rocking in her chair with a smile of contentment on her face, and never seemed to acknowledge my prescence, and she never did anything other than rock with a smile. No flying bricks or anything cool like that, just rocked in her chair with the peaceful smile on her face.

It was almost always about dusk when I saw her, but occassionally I would awake in the middle of the night and she would be there. I did keep that corner of the room empty for her to do her thing, she just looked so peaceful i would have hated to put a pile of my plunder in HER SPACE.

I do know one thing for sure...there are alot of things I do not understand, and I hope that it is a long time before I know the answers to the riddles.

Swagerman
07-28-2007, 09:34 AM
Well, my dear wife in past times has seen her dead parents spirits smiling at her, she has even described seeing a man who looked like a picture of my father at one time. My dad died way before I got married.

Tell you all what, I take great joy at the thought of spirits really exist. For it tells me the Holy Spirit of God is for real...if mere mortals can exist after death.

Why some spirits hang around in some places is a mystery to me, while others are never seen.

Its all interdimensional, we are living mortals in one existance, and the departed spirits are in another. Some how, they sometimes come together is the only way I can explain it.

Its like a door way opens for some of them to intermingle in our present time. For some I doubt their time ever changes.

As to my wife seeing her parents, its a comfort to know that we can be together in life and death, then an eternal existence in a much higher place.

Sorry to get preachy, but I do believe in some spirits...especially the good one.

Jim