View Full Version : just wanted to say hello!

whelenfan
02-12-2013, 09:31 PM
I have been checking out the site for a bit and finally decided to join. New to casting (actually, want to but not ready to yet) but old hand at reloading. Great site and I know that I will be learning an awful lot here.

Olevern
02-12-2013, 09:38 PM
Greetings and welcome aboard. You'll find your shipmates here knowledgeable and willing to bring you up to speed. Use your search feature to get some background, but when that fails, just ask. Oh, BTW, your bunk is down that passage directly under the #3 steam catapult. Take these ear plugs with you, you'll need them when they're launching and recovering aircraft.

Seriously, while a few of us (myself included) are a bit irascible at times, all and all a bunch of good folk.

wv109323
02-12-2013, 10:15 PM
Welcome Aboard. This is one of the better sites that I visit. You usually get an explanation to your problem and a solution to your problem from experienced people. There is a lot of info if you use the search but feel free to ask away.

lbaize3
02-12-2013, 10:17 PM
Welcome and I can get you a better bunk on a Swift Boat than Olevern offered you on his aircraft carrier..... It is under the twin fifties and right next to the head. Maybe sleeping isn't such a good idea....

Blacksmith
02-12-2013, 11:18 PM
We are glad to have you. There is a world of knowledge in the Stickies both in each section and in the Sticky section.

TXGunNut
02-12-2013, 11:53 PM
Welcome! Jump right in and pour some lead, awesome experience.

Bob Krack
02-13-2013, 12:33 AM
Seriously, while a few of us (myself included) are a bit irascible at times, all and all a bunch of good folk.
"MOSTLY" a bunch of us are good folk...:mrgreen: :veryconfu :mrgreen:

Bob

Hawkeye45
02-13-2013, 12:51 AM
Welcome aboard from the "other" coast. You will find everything you have ever wanted to know, or not know about casting here. Really, these are a great bunch of people with eons of casting experience.

Ed

waynem34
02-13-2013, 07:53 AM
You've come to the right place.Welcome Home.I'm also new to casting and gathering the tools and whatnot.Taking me awhile to aquire everything I want to get started casting.Hope you have lots of fun and getter done.

captaint
02-13-2013, 08:25 AM
Whelenfan - Welcome to the "wash your hands often" forum. Lots of freely given knowledge around here. I dare say a great many of us (myself included) were in the same position as you, some years ago. Now, some of us even have an idea of what it takes to make good boolits !! Some of us being the guys that stuck with it. This pouring your own boolits beats the daylight out of just "reloading". You'll see. Welcome again, Mike

Wayne Smith
02-13-2013, 08:53 AM
WARNING WARNING Will Robinson! You are about to enter a very dangerous area. This is an addictive hobby and molten metal is almost as hypnotic as a fire! You will exhaust the patience of your wife and children, spend money you don't have, and generally cause chaos in the hopeless pursuit of it!

In short, welcome home!

1Shirt
02-13-2013, 09:18 AM
Always good to have another with a like addiction added to the forum. Welcome!
1Shirt!

wolf3006
02-13-2013, 10:28 AM
Welcome to the forum.New myself

Olevern
02-13-2013, 10:56 AM
Welcome and I can get you a better bunk on a Swift Boat than Olevern offered you on his aircraft carrier..... It is under the twin fifties and right next to the head. Maybe sleeping isn't such a good idea....

At least he won't sleep thru a general quarters.

blackthorn
02-13-2013, 12:30 PM
Welcome aboard!

Smitty's Retired
02-13-2013, 12:38 PM
Oooohhhhhh ........... now you've done it. Pretty soon you will be known as a LeadOphile.

Welcome aboard, pull up a chair and be sure to check all the stickies.