PDA

View Full Version : Oath Keepers - anybody heard of them?

Olevern
02-11-2013, 04:18 PM
Just found this organization on the web, looks like a good organization and maybe the reason the govt. is vetting it's military as to whether or not they will obey orders to act against U.S. citizens.

For some reason I can't post a link here. Just do a search for Oath Keepers.

Love Life
02-11-2013, 05:04 PM
I've read their website. They seem pretty legit. Only reason I haven't joined is because I don't need a group to remind me about the oath I took. I was there when I took it.

x101airborne
02-11-2013, 06:28 PM
I took the same oath, although I dont trust the guberment as much as I used to.
Sorry bout that, I am a free thinking man and I need no guberment telling me what or whom I need to protect. I gave my years to my country. The rest are mine. If the Japanese or the Americans come across the fence in the wrong fashon, it will be a very short battle and I will lose, but you can BET some policies will be re-written after it is over.

And I WILL NOT act agains fellow Americans who are not doing anyone harm. Regardless of who gives the orders.

runfiverun
02-11-2013, 09:04 PM
<------<< you mean this group?
yessir, just look them up.
nobody needed to remind me either, it's just nice to know you ain't the only one.

1Shirt
02-12-2013, 12:34 PM
Not a member, but know a few that are, and they are all fine people!
1Shirt!

scarry scarney
02-12-2013, 04:43 PM
Don't know what you are talking about.
<------- I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic.

I said it when I enlisted in the Air Force, and said it again when I became a LEO. Any questions?

Recluse
02-12-2013, 05:16 PM
I remember when Stuart launched the group. I immediately joined and sent in my donation even though at the time they required no donations or dues. Not sure how it works now, but doesn't matter because for some of us who've been out of the military for a while, it's nice to know we're not alone.

I've read their website. They seem pretty legit. Only reason I haven't joined is because I don't need a group to remind me about the oath I took. I was there when I took it.

nobody needed to remind me either, it's just nice to know you ain't the only one.

I oscillate between having the rocker on my avatar and taking it off, putting it back on, taking it off. But you make the point perfectly: It's good to know in dire times like these that we ain't alone, and better yet, it's good to know who else feels the same way.

:coffee:

cbrick
02-12-2013, 05:56 PM
Yep, I've heard of them. :mrgreen:

Quite a few here actually. I also off and on consider taking the logo down just to unclutter it a bit but I fully believed in that oath when I took it and I fully believe in it now.

I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic.

Rick

fatnhappy
02-12-2013, 07:00 PM
never heard of such a thing.

<--------------

mpmarty
02-12-2013, 07:54 PM
Yup. Wish that every single ex Military in the country would feel the same. Cops too.

AricTheRed
02-12-2013, 08:17 PM
When I swore when joining the Marines I was all too aware , even when only 17, that the big hurdle was going to be domestic threats. I have not joined the Oath Keepers, but have thought about it off and on over the last two years. I figure I'm already on the about to be updated list of domestic terrorists just like most of us here on this forum... so maybe I should just send them the dough and be done with it.

I've got a few buddies at work, I've done the math and figured there are more than III% of my coworkers that feel as I do even in Kalifornia, here that are committed to their oaths as well, but as far as I can tell none of them have joined either.

Gliden07
02-12-2013, 09:33 PM
I saw the Rocker on someones Avatar and looked them up online. I can't join because I don't have military service, but it looks like a good organization. As I wait to see O'bummers "State of the Kingdom" I mean "Union".

Dean D.
02-12-2013, 10:46 PM
I joined within weeks of their launch. At that time all that was required for membership was posting a testimony on their website which I did. As several others have stated, it is a relief to see that you are not alone in your beliefs.