PDA

View Full Version : My new definition of 'friend'

Jim
02-10-2013, 04:40 PM
Daddy told me a real friend is somebody that knows all about you and accepts you as you are anyway. I've also heard it said a real friend will help you hide the body.

I got a new definition of a real friend. That's somebody that sends you his BRAND NEW 10 cavity NOE 225107 before he even opens the box to look at it so you can make a bunch of boolits with it.

I'm a blessed man, thank ya', Lord!

PS Paul
02-10-2013, 04:50 PM
I always get the feeling that Jim is one of those guys who would make a great friend. Seems especially tough nowadays that societal values have decayed and MANY people just don't seem worthy of friendship at all......

Cool deal on the mold there, Jim. Blessed indeed.

Maven
02-10-2013, 05:45 PM
+1 on what PS P said!

10x
02-11-2013, 08:48 AM
I have done that to guys as well.
My NOE 314299 5 cavity got "loaned" to a friend who kindly broke it in, cast up about 500 boolits and gave me 200 when he brought the mold back. I intend to loan him my 5 cavity 311407 when he has time to cast later....
Generosity does pay off....

Jim
02-11-2013, 09:44 AM
I got some decent results with Bators and Lyman 225415s lubed with my graphlox last fall, so I'm gonna try these little pills this coming spring to see how they do. I ran some numbers in my head (that was a struggle!) and my calculations indicate I can shoot these little pills for about half the cost of 22LR ammo.

If I can get a good load worked up for the H&R and the newest member of the family, my wronged handed Axis Youth, I should be able to use these for 'coon huntin', small game and recreation. Janet will love shootin' something with no recoil and a noise level so low, she won't need plugs or muffs.

1Shirt
02-13-2013, 11:25 AM
Jim, having lost over 35% of my hearing, would advise to always wear at least plugs even when shooting 22lr's. I don't however wear them hunting for obvious reasons. Hope you get the results you are looking for.
1Shirt!

Smitty's Retired
02-13-2013, 01:26 PM
Wow. Sometimes somebody upstairs smiles down on us, and lets us remember what friendship is all about, huh!!

Jim
02-13-2013, 01:52 PM
Jim, having lost over 35% of my hearing, would advise to always wear at least plugs even when shooting 22lr's. I don't however wear them hunting for obvious reasons. Hope you get the results you are looking for.
1Shirt!

Wha'ya'say? :bigsmyl2:

I got the same problem: Deaf in one ear an' the other one don't work! I shot out my high frequency hearing decades ago. And all the noise on industrial construction jobs didn't help any.

Bless Janet's heart, she's so understanding. I'm constantly asking her to repeat herself and she never gets exasperated with me.

As for hearing protection, I use it on loads that exceed MACH, but don't need it on slower stuff. It just sounds like a 'pop' to me.