PDA

View Full Version : IRS rant

Philngruvy
02-09-2013, 07:28 PM
I pay my taxes! So in December, I get a letter from the IRS stating that I have not paid my taxes and if I don't get the money to them by a certain date that they are going to take action by either freezing my accounts or seizing my property, blah,blah ,blah. So my accountant sends them documentation including the cancelled check proving that the taxes were paid in full. Today I get a letter from IRS thanking me for my response but that the matter has not been resolved. They need to do further research into the matter!!! [smilie=b:
This is what I think about the IRS....:takinWiz:

2HighSpeed
02-09-2013, 07:32 PM
We where just told today when we went to do our taxes that because my student loans are income based at $670 a month, But they where supposed to be $1,312 a month, They are taking our taxes. Makes no sense, I am not behind on my loans, I am just on a income based repayment. Guess thats what I get for wanting to better my life by getting a education. We wont ever get out from under these student loans, $50k is alot for a 4 year degree. Wish I had known when I chose that prestigious private school over a public one. That pretty scholorship only covered 1 year!

fatnhappy
02-09-2013, 07:35 PM
Guess thats what I get for wanting to better my life by getting a education.
I think you just got one.

Just think, these same gentlemen will now be in charge of your health care.

Rant on.

TXGunNut
02-09-2013, 07:38 PM
I had to write a huge check to the IRS a few years back, because of the timing I could barely resist writing "AIG" instead of "IRS". It's hard to feel good about paying taxes when some folks take a certain perverse pleasure in blowing it in areas we don't support.

shooter93
02-09-2013, 09:06 PM
I've never had a refund or anything in my life. Over paid by 4500 one year and since I own the business they would not return any of it....we'll keep it against next years taxes. So I lowered my quarterly payments.....then...although I had paid all taxes due by the third quarter...I was fined 85 dollars because the fourth quarters payment....which was actually a small over payment....was late......Great organization huh? I can hardly wait till they control my health care.

Ed Barrett
02-09-2013, 09:17 PM
When I had my own business I had to pay quarterly taxes for 17 years. sold the business and for the next 12 years they would bug me at least once a year about my quarterly taxes. I had the Kansas city offices phone numbers on speed dial. Every time they would say it was taken care of and I would get a letter about the same thing a couple of months later.

Finster101
02-09-2013, 09:35 PM
You are guilty until proven innocent with the IRS.

wv109323
02-09-2013, 10:04 PM
I was involved with a similar situation. My employer mistakenly reported some 401K retirement income. I got the same form letter threatening me. After my employer straighten it out the IRS drew in their horns.

Artful
02-09-2013, 10:54 PM
Almost makes you wish for revolution so the king's tax men and women would be put back in their cages -

I remember being a little kid and hearing my grandpa proudly tell me the first time he made enough to get to pay taxes to the fed's.

The world has changed since then, hasn't it.

runfiverun
02-09-2013, 10:58 PM
ahhh wait untill they ask you about the enforced fine for insurance when you do them this year.
sounds like being pulled over by the cops at the tax center now.
instead of license and insurance it's social security card and proof of insurance.

Jim Flinchbaugh
02-10-2013, 12:25 AM
when you write the check out, in the memo section,
"for sexual favors"
after all, you paid money to get screwed

Love Life
02-10-2013, 12:32 AM
I have nothing nice to say about the IRS, and haven't since I was 22. Nothing like getting punished for working your backside off and making sound financial decisions.

2wheelDuke
02-10-2013, 01:21 AM
I've been extorted by the IRS before. They shook me down about the time of the bailouts. I did some contract work for a company, made $540.00 from them for the year. Some idiot misplaced the decimal point, and the IRS claimed that I made $54000.00 on that contract. So with penalties and interest, they told me I needed to cough up $30,000 or else,

I had to work a bunch extra to pay the accountants and tax attorneys to get them off my *** there.

I'm saving up getting ready to pay "my share" again this year, while the people I deal with at work are all talking about their tax returns as windfalls like they won the lottery.

Then there's all the reports as people realize they somebody else already filed under their social security number and pocketed a nice fraudulent return.

Love Life
02-10-2013, 01:39 AM
I wish somebody would file under my social. They would get a nice surprise bill from the IRS. Hahaha...suckers.

Blacksmith
02-10-2013, 03:00 AM
I'm saving up getting ready to pay "my share" again this year, while the people I deal with at work are all talking about their tax returns as windfalls like they won the lottery.

I can't understand the people who brag about how big a refund they get from the IRS. Even when you explain that they are giving an interest free loan to the government they don't get it. Sheeple!

2wheelDuke
02-10-2013, 03:42 AM
I can't understand the people who brag about how big a refund they get from the IRS. Even when you explain that they are giving an interest free loan to the government they don't get it. Sheeple!

I agree. But for some of these low-I come types with multiple dependents, they seem to get more back than they had withheld.

And that's not counting any fraudulent returns they may file. Fraud isn't limited to white collar criminals anymore.

Charlie Two Tracks
02-10-2013, 03:37 PM
After working all my life and paying all of my taxes, I have finally retired. With the amount of SS that I will get it won't be taxed. It will be kind of nice not to have to pay any taxes. If it really works out like that. It does mean though that I ain't making beans for money.

TXGunNut
02-10-2013, 05:03 PM
Did my taxes this morning, even paid them even though it's not fiscally smart to do that for another 60 days or so. Decided to do it, get po'd and get over it. Now I need to get an estate's numbers together and off to the accountant and next I'll do my mom's return. I dream of the day the IRS is cut back by 70% and the EPA is abolished but I'll never see that day. Makes too much sense.

km101
02-10-2013, 06:04 PM
I wanted to do my taxes and get it out of the way..........found out that the 1040A forms have not even been printed yet!! Evidently they have nt decided how badly they are going to screw me this year! :)

Rant On!

dragon813gt
02-10-2013, 06:14 PM
Did mine and already received my refund. I will never brag about it. The amount of money I pay is ridiculous. And they act like I should be happy w/ the money they gave me back. The entire system is a joke.

GabbyM
02-10-2013, 06:51 PM
This is why Obama hired all those tens of thousands of extra IRS agents.

I think I can mail you an 8x10 framed photo of BO with a signature thanking you for your donation. Hang it on the wall when they come to audit. No BS. Would have to fanangle it out of the guy who made the donation.

Now lets all move forward together.

cloakndagger
02-10-2013, 07:30 PM
Did mine before tax season started, got a pittance back compared to what I paid in. Working in healthcare its hard to see your taxes go out, cuz youre gonna see em coming through the door cuz they chiddrins gotsa hedach an they need to axe for some painkillahs......

pipehand
02-10-2013, 07:31 PM
Been round and round with them myself this year. Back in 2010, I moved some money within a brokerage account to avoid what I saw was an impending crash in the market. After the 2008 crash I didn't want to be left holding the bag again, as my stocks lost half their value and had finally climbed back to about 80% of what they cost. I had actually made a good call, and saved 7 to 8 grand by doing what I did. Sometime later, I re-re-allocated the funds within the same brokerage account to get back to earning interest and dividends.

The Irs sent me a bill for taxes on the total amount of the transfer. I had never seen a dime of the monies transferred. Somehow it was reported to them as a sale. They admitted that they use a "zero cost basis" to determine the bill, having no evidence to the contrary. Well, I ain't Hillary doing cattle futures trades, so I haven't ever had a "zero cost basis." Sent the documentation to show that there actually was a loss if they were going to consider it a sale. Told them to send my refund!

Couple of months later, they send me paperwork for me to sign to agree to my refund. Duh, no brainer. Couple of months after that I get another letter from them. It must have been "take your child to work day" and someone's little bastard got into the Microsoft word program, cutting and pasting all the commonly used IRS phrases. It was honestly the most disjointed incoherent mess of verbage I have ever seen. It did reference the letter I returned agreeing to get a refund- I think that what they were trying to say was-"OK, we'll think about it." Don't even get me started on North Carolina's revenue idiots.

We've had two revolutions in this country over taxes. I wonder if we'll have another in my lifetime.

dakotashooter2
02-11-2013, 12:50 PM
I received my tax return for 2011 back from the IRS with questions on my dependents. It puzzled me and I have been working on it ever since!!!

They questioned how many dependents I claimed. I guess it was because of my response to the question: "List all dependents." I replied: 12 million illegal immigrants; 3 million crack heads; 42 million unemployed people on food stamps, 2 million people in over 243 prisons;
and 535 persons in the U.S. House and Senate, and 1 President."
THEY APPARENTLY DIDN'T BELIEVE ME
I KEEP ASKING MYSELF, WHO IN HELL DID I MISS

frkelly74
02-11-2013, 03:26 PM
Our horror story had a happy ending with a kind of a twist. We adopted children from China and there is a tax credit for expenses up to about $10,000. We were actually having trouble using the credit up over the years allowed. Then the law got changed for 2010 and the credit became refundable over and above what you had had withheld. Well they wanted records of the latest adoption so we sent them and since the last adoption credit period overlapped with the one from the previous child they came back and wanted those records also. That was a problem because we could not get cancelled checks from 9 or 10 years ago from the bank. So we called our Senator, Debbie Stabenow, and their office went to bat for us and we ended up getting most of the money that we were claiming. It took more than a year even so, And we were assessed a $700 penalty for not knowing what we were doing apparently and for spite, then we were awarded about $230 in interest which I got a 1099 for this year. What a system. Call your Senator.

mpmarty
02-11-2013, 04:10 PM
In the early to mid 70s I was in Nevada a tax hell for federal enforcement as all the IRS people know anyone in Nevada is a gambler / crook / mafioso. I happened to be a licensed general contractor building houses on land I owned. Known as "spec" building as there were no customers ordering the homes. I built them and then sold them. For seven years I got audited by the IRS and each time they wound up owing me money as I always held back on my deductible expenses "just in case". The eighth year I'd had it and called my Congressman. A week later I got a letter from the Imbeciles Representing the State telling me that I could disregard my notice of audit. What a bunch of loonies. The only thing good about the IRS is it keeps a whole passel of folks off welfare.

pipehand
03-07-2013, 11:23 AM
Update. Got the refund check a couple of weeks ago. After receiving two other letters telling me I would, each full of forms for me to fill out to request to PAY in installments. Still trying to straighten out N.C. state moneythievers. Wish me luck.

Swamp Man
03-07-2013, 02:29 PM
I keep telling every farm I know we as farmers can put a stop to this kind of government BS if we ALL refuse to produce food for the market. I am no longer growing food crops for the market and have switched to shrubs,trees and flowers. We as farmers can make a difference if we stick together.

shooter2
03-07-2013, 05:57 PM
Gosh, and to think that the 16th may not have been properly ratified.

41 mag fan
03-07-2013, 06:06 PM
Hows the change worked for you??
I've paid in taxes now steadily over the last 4 yrs.
No refunds in site for me in the next 4 yrs

shooterg
03-07-2013, 06:17 PM
I can't even FILE my taxes 'cause the other big stupid bureacracy(Social Security) ain't sent me any paperwork(SS-1099?) on the 4 months of same I collected in 2012. And have requested a "replacement" from their website a month ago.
Didn't Franklin Roosevelt promise SS would not ever be taxed ? Now 80% is taxable.

Philngruvy
03-07-2013, 06:45 PM
Well, I finally got a letter last week from the IRS saying that that my account with them is paid in full, I don't owe them anything. NO SHI(R)T!!!!! Sorry mods, devil made me do it. I am semi-retired and my wife is self employed and our budget is very tight, as in hand to mouth. Yes we do spend money on things we really don't have to have such as our horses, dogs and cat. Kinda like in the pursuit of happiness as I somewhere remember hearing something about in civics class. We both have lived good healthy lives and our medical bills for the past fifteen years have probably totaled less than $1000.00 combined for both of us. That does not include dental which I always pay cash for. We really can't afford the health insurance. Now a bunch of **** wipes in DC say I have to buy insurance which will cost more in two months than I have spent in 15 years or else I will be levied a fine enforced by the IRS!!!!! I think the revolution mentioned earlier in a previous post most definately will happen in our lifetime. I mean what the Hay!!!, I have no idea where I will come up with the funds for insurance or fines!!!! What would George do? I'll tell you. He would cross the river in an ice storm and kill the bass tards!