PDA

View Full Version : Loads for Rainier 110 gr rn for 30-30?

Kaumheimer
02-09-2013, 04:46 AM
Could use some load advice please.

I've got a box of Rainier copper plated bullets that I'd like to shoot in my Model 94. Had good luck with 2400 on 150 gr plated bullets but can't find a load for the 110 gr. I have some Unique, 231 and Blue Dot too.

Any ideas?

mahalo

I'll Make Mine
02-09-2013, 06:12 PM
You could start with a starter load for another 110 grain jacketed bullet of similar shape or, if nothing else is close, any other 110 grain jacketed bullet. Most plated bullets are a little softer than true jacketed, so you should get lower pressures with the same load -- but things aren't always as they ought to be, so be safe.

At the very least, you should be able to use a higher end mouse fart load with Unique and those bullets (I say higher end, because those loads are often near the minimum energy that will get a cast boolit out of the barrel, and those plated ones will have a little more drag in the bore).

Kaumheimer
02-10-2013, 06:18 AM
Thanks for your comments. Yeah, I was thinking a Unique load might work. Would hope to find someone who shot plated bullets of this size out of a 30-30. I realize these bullets are pretty light for this gun but that's what I have.