PDA

View Full Version : AK pistol loads

historicfirearms
02-08-2013, 12:14 PM
I've got a new Yugo M92 on the way and was wondering if anyone had any experience with cast in an AK pistol. I've got the Lee 155 Harris boolit as well as a new to me NOE 155 gr mold and both work well in my other AK rifles and SKS, so I'd like to stick with either those boolits. I'm a little concerned about the short gas system on the pistol and getting it to cycle reliably. I'm thinking about getting one of the M92 muzzle boosters to help out with lighter hand loads too. I read that the booster helped with reliability out of the full auto krinks, especially when cold and dirty.

rintinglen
02-10-2013, 01:00 PM
Not in the pistol, but in an SKS, I had reliable functioning with a Lyman 311-466 155 grainer and 21 grains of RX7. For the pistol, though, I'm stumped. I suppose a faster powder might be better, perhaps 5744 or AA-1680? But I'd be guessing. I'll be watching this one to see if we get any replies from someone with real hands-on experience.

Lloyd Smale
02-11-2013, 06:21 AM
why dont you give them a try before you look for solutions to a problem that may not even exist.