PDA

View Full Version : M-94 peep site?

tommag
07-23-2007, 06:02 PM
I have a 94 30-30 that was made in 1980 and would like to order a receiver sight for it. Would any receiver sight made for a 94 fit the holes in the receiver?
The reason I ask is I tried to put a mauser sight from Williams on a Saiamese mauser that had a Lyman and the holes didn't match up.
The one time I tried to drill and tap my own, I made a heck of a mess of it. Good thing it was a $39.95 junker!
Thanks. Tom

Scrounger
07-23-2007, 06:22 PM
I have a 94 30-30 that was made in 1980 and would like to order a receiver sight for it. Would any receiver sight made for a 94 fit the holes in the receiver?
The reason I ask is I tried to put a mauser sight from Williams on a Saiamese mauser that had a Lyman and the holes didn't match up.
The one time I tried to drill and tap my own, I made a heck of a mess of it. Good thing it was a $39.95 junker!
Thanks. Tom

Both Lyman and Williams make receiver sights for the Winchester 94 and the screw holes will line up correctly.

C A Plater
07-23-2007, 09:39 PM
There are 2 versions for the 94 Winchester, one for mounting on the side of the receiver and one for the angle eject models that have 2 holes drilled and tapped on the top where a rear scope base would go.

NickSS
07-24-2007, 04:43 AM
You will need the one for the older side mounted reciever sights. I have several winchesters and marlins so fitted with either williams of lyman sights. They work very well. In fact the only lever guns that do not have these sights mounted on them that I own are ones used for cowboy action shooting. I just leave the original barrel sights on those two rifles.