PDA

View Full Version : Lyman 61 cord

TrapperXX
02-05-2013, 11:45 PM
Hi all, Learned about this place from a post over on Marlin Owners.
I was recently given a Lyman 61 furnace, without the electric cord. Stopping in a few hardware store this week has not produced any cords that will work.....close, but no cigar.
any ideas on where to find a cord that will work? I was told by the man that gave it to me that the old coffee pot plugs would work, if only I could find one!
Getting ready to pour my own. I scored about 160# wheel weights today. Looking forward to learning here.
Thanks

Bullshop
02-05-2013, 11:55 PM
I get lots of them at the dump. I cut them off washers and dryers and all other appliences. I try to never let one get away.
There should be nothing special about your cord. If ist 110 v its two wire without ground or a three wire with ground like any kitchen applience. If its 220v its a larger three wire like on an electric dryer.

TrapperXX
02-06-2013, 12:03 AM
I get lots of them at the dump. I cut them off washers and dryers and all other appliences. I try to never let one get away.
There should be nothing special about your cord. If ist 110 v its two wire without ground or a three wire with ground like any kitchen applience. If its 220v its a larger three wire like on an electric dryer.

So your saying pull the plate with the pins and just hard wire it? I can do that.
It is a 2 wire.

HeavyMetal
02-06-2013, 02:16 AM
Any good hardware store, like Ace Hardware, carries this cord in the small appliance section.

I know I've cooked two off my old 61 in the last 15 years!

TrapperXX
02-06-2013, 02:20 AM
Thank you both.:)
I have heavy, appliance type wire I believe in w/ my scrap. I'm gonna hard wire it tomorrow.

plainsman456
02-06-2013, 08:20 PM
It does have a strange two prong plug on it,don"t it.

When mine goes belly up it too will be hard wired.

TrapperXX
02-07-2013, 11:50 PM
Yeah, I'm thinking now maybe he damaged the cord and that's why he didn't have it.