PDA

View Full Version : Making shot-a lot of shot!

straightshooter1
07-23-2007, 07:30 AM
A couple of weeks ago, a member was looking for a shotmaker. Trapshooter.com has a thread near the top with videos of what I think is the fellow's adaptation of the Better Shotmaker which, I think, is easier and simpler than the Littleton.

It's a long thread with a lot of videos and the first ones aren't real clear. He drops his shot in transmission fluid, and IIRC make 100 lbs in a relatively short time (2 or so hours?).

Looks a whole lot simpler that getting that perfect cast boolit and I think I am gonna try this when I finally retire (which would be 66 days if I was counting).

Components have gone through the roof and, IMO, it is just a matter of time before the Walmart bargain shells are gone.

Now if we can figure out how to make primers....

Bob

50 Caliber
08-05-2007, 04:50 PM
Hopefully its just the war effort eating up all the components.:roll: But i doubt it very much.

PatMarlin
08-14-2007, 02:22 AM
Can't find it. Do you have a link for the thread?

Thanks,

Pat

straightshooter1
08-19-2007, 08:31 PM
Sorry Pat, I can't find the exact one either. Go to TS.com and hit search under shotmaker and there is a huge list of threads-some have pictures, some don't. The one I initially posted had a video that made it look easy to set up and simple enough for me to operate (maybe even without a real serious injury).

It is my intent to set one up, absent a real fall in lead shot prices, sometime in the late fall/early winter. I have paid $34 per bag, but now one of the folks I deal with is at $43 and I can't make myself pay that much. I have about ten bags left, mostly 9s with a couple of 8s and think that will get me through the rest of the year.

Bob

PatMarlin
08-20-2007, 10:16 AM
Here's a neat setup...

schutzen
08-20-2007, 10:20 PM
Straightshooter1, I wish you good luck in your retirement and I hope you have the time to fullfill your plans for reloading, casting (boolits and shot), shooting, and hunting. For years I have heard guys claim they retired and were so busy they did not know how they had time to work. I knew they were BS'ing me. Sorry to say, I'm taking back water on that. I retired July 18th. I have been so busy I had not cast a single bullet, not reloaded a single round, not been fishing or hunting, and have only fired 2-3 hundred rounds of rifle and shotgun combined. This week I clean the garage, the reloading bench, and go fishing; I hope. I will say this, after a month of retirement-- IT REALLY BEATS WORKING! Try it, you'll like it.

straightshooter1
08-28-2007, 11:08 PM
Thanks, I am taking a week of as vacation and haven't had time to do anything. Looking forward to this being a regular part of my life.

Bob