PDA

View Full Version : "Cookies for Lead" deal! .....Scored 50# Wheel weights

JWFilips
02-05-2013, 08:41 PM
I got 50 lbs of "all lead" (No zinc no steel) clip on wheel weights today in trade for my wife making 2 dozen Chocolate chip cookies! ( I haven't told the little Lady yet!)

I'm not sure how that works out, but since it didn't come from my hand taking money out of my wallet directly I'm happy....However considering the economy I may have got the worst of the deal in the end.

Anyway I sat down this evening & gave everything a clip test. These weights look old in style and they sure are big compared to what I recently have got & they are all dark gray and no paint. Plus the clip test feels softer then my recent stuff I have got. Are older wheel weight softer material?

dragonrider
02-05-2013, 09:01 PM
Whatever it takes. If I where trading lead I might take cookies, sugar cookies with sprinkles, YUM.

khmer6
02-05-2013, 09:32 PM
Nice score. I score 70 lbs with a jack in the box combo last week. I gotta drive down a ten mile stretch road of tire shops and make some friends.

Nose Dive
02-05-2013, 09:54 PM
Here is South Houston... cold cases of beer on Friday afternoons does the same majic.... "Show'em da Beer"...Discount Tire...Goodyear...all of 'em pony up da wheel weights...

Nose Dive.

Cheap, Fast, Good, Kinldy pick two.

JWFilips
02-05-2013, 10:10 PM
Here is South Houston... cold cases of beer on Friday afternoons does the same majic.... "Show'em da Beer"...Discount Tire...Goodyear...all of 'em pony up da wheel weights...

Nose Dive.

Well up here the tastes for beer is usually "micro brew"! so That is a bit higher then I like to pay! Let's hope plain old Chocolate chip cookies keeps working .... Can't afford healthy multi grain health food cookies!

SlowSmokeN
02-06-2013, 02:36 AM
I love to smoke meats. Every time I smoke a tri-tip I make a cheesecake. Every tri-tip needs a cheesecake. Lady at my LGS said she loves cheesecakes. She also mentioned she has geese on her land. I made her and her husband a cheesecake and now have hunting rights to their land.

Amazing what little things can get ya

alfloyd
02-06-2013, 03:12 AM
"2 dozen Chocolate chip cookies"

Na, for me it would need to be snickerdoddles. Yum

Lafaun

badgeredd
02-07-2013, 10:20 AM
My wife likes to bake dozens of cookies around Christmas time. She makes a box of various cookies for delivery to the tire shop. With the box in hand, I always get free WWs and a discount for at least a couple months. I'm really fortunate in that the tire shop has a couple fellows that like to shoot so I usually cast them up some projectiles for their chosen firearm. It is funny how a little graciousness can land one a lifetime supplier. I pay for about half of the WWs I get and the others are either free or very discounted. The managers at the shop use the cash I pay to get the guys doughnuts, breakfast, or whatever on a regular basis and the guys know I am at least part of the reason they get the goodies so they go out of their way to save weights for me.

Edd

TheGrimReaper
02-09-2013, 05:02 PM
Cookies for lead. If I could make that happen........my wife would NEVER leave the kitchen!!!

Jay561
02-09-2013, 07:02 PM
Wish I could get a deal like this.

Kent Fowler
02-10-2013, 11:49 AM

Nose Dive.

Worked over at the Bayport complex back in the 70's. Used to frequent the Bluebird beer joint on Hwy 6 after work. Miss those days.