PDA

View Full Version : Any others having problems with Dillon answering their phones?

Kent Fowler
02-05-2013, 11:56 AM
I've been trying for a couple weeks now, only to get a busy signal. You would think they would keep a line open for warranty issues. Both my SBD's have broken brackets for the primer catcher cups, and while it's not life threatening, I'd rather not have to sweep up a thousand spent primers off the floor while waiting for Dillon to answer their phones.

FLHTC
02-05-2013, 01:59 PM
I emailed them about cases being pushed out of a shell plate on my Square Deal. I was specific in describing how it only occurred on one station of the shell plate and the same one every time. They replied two weeks later by asking if im using the brass keeper pins. I haven't heard from them since. Im not sure what happened to "No BS" but it seems to be on the back burner. I guess everyone is busy now but how hard would it be to have an automatic response describing their back log?
To sum it up, you're not alone.

Huntducks
02-05-2013, 02:02 PM
Surely some of you can figure this one out Dillon presses out of stock all over and on 3-4 week BO = overloaded phone system.

They are sold out of presses every where and not just Dillon, I see adds on CL for used rusty RCBS RS2 for a $100+.

I saw an add for a Mec 600 pre MK5 $250 talk about nuts.

Kent Fowler
02-05-2013, 02:38 PM
Surely some of you can figure this one out Dillon presses out of stock all over and on 3-4 week BO = overloaded phone system.

They are sold out of presses every where and not just Dillon, I see adds on CL for used rusty RCBS RS2 for a $100+.

I saw an add for a Mec 600 pre MK5 $250 talk about nuts.

Understand all that, but Dillon ought to keep a line open to deal with warranty issues on their customers machines.

dentkimterry
02-05-2013, 05:09 PM
Go to Dillon's website and ask your questions on their forum. They seem to be getting answered, if not by Dillon by other forum members.

Circuit Rider
02-05-2013, 09:55 PM
Ordered some items a few weeks ago. Took 30 minutes to get thru to a live person. He apologized and said they are slammed from start of day to end. Ordered a Super Swage and he said there were 600 on backorder. Got mine in about 3 weeks. CR p.s.: It is typical Dillon, built like a tank.

Alvarez Kelly
02-06-2013, 02:56 AM
I emailed them about cases being pushed out of a shell plate on my Square Deal. I was specific in describing how it only occurred on one station of the shell plate and the same one every time. They replied two weeks later by asking if im using the brass keeper pins. I haven't heard from them since. Im not sure what happened to "No BS" but it seems to be on the back burner. I guess everyone is busy now but how hard would it be to have an automatic response describing their back log?
To sum it up, you're not alone.

I hate to sound obvious, but check the shellplate itself closely. The Square Deal shellplates seem to be harder than the other Dillon shellplates, and will chip away over time. I have seen several that needed replacement because too much metal chipped away. These were on high production machines after many years of service. Dillon will replace the shellplate for free if it is damaged. It is is damaged, you just have to ask.

Alvarez Kelly
02-06-2013, 02:57 AM
I've been trying for a couple weeks now, only to get a busy signal. You would think they would keep a line open for warranty issues. Both my SBD's have broken brackets for the primer catcher cups, and while it's not life threatening, I'd rather not have to sweep up a thousand spent primers off the floor while waiting for Dillon to answer their phones.

I think I have one (and maybe two) I could send you to get you going. PM me if you still need one.

mongoosesnipe
02-06-2013, 03:51 AM
i am sure they are super swamped when calling busy places i have always had good luck calling right when they open before the system gets overwhelmed there service has always been top notch for me but if you think its just them try calling any gun related company at this point and you will find the same thing going on

btroj
02-06-2013, 08:50 AM
Look at the local gun shops. Look at the online dealers. Look at lines at gun shows.

Ever think Dillon was just as busy?

jmort
02-06-2013, 10:25 AM
Yes they may be busy, but every Dillon blowhard says Dillon loves them more than their mother. Answer the freaking phone, that is not too much to ask.

seagiant
02-06-2013, 02:26 PM
Yes they may be busy, but every Dillion blowhard says Dillion loves them more than their mother. Answer the freaking phone, that is not too much to ask.

Hi,
Thats funny!!!

mongoosesnipe
02-06-2013, 04:34 PM
Yes they may be busy, but every Dillion blowhard says Dillion loves them more than their mother. Answer the freaking phone, that is not too much to ask.

They open at 7 am mst place your call accordingly, if your mom is receiving 500 calls an hour your call will have a hard time getting through to her as well

jmort
02-06-2013, 06:12 PM
If my mom were getting 500 calls an hour, then she should get a temp or two or so, or hire a couple few more people to answer the phone. I just called Lee Precision, for kicks, and the phone was aswered immediately, and I inquired about the resumption of custom work, which has been pushed back to the end of April or May at the eariliest, no surprise. Lee Precision produces and sells way more than Dillon, and they are right on it. So next time I hear another wet dream about Dillon's customer service, I will take it with a grain of salt. If I were to ever buy a progressive, I would go with Dillon, as they do make the best progressives.

btroj
02-06-2013, 07:24 PM
Hire temps. Then train them. To sell what? Presses they can't make fast enough? Wait, they also would need more phone lines, maybe more computer terminals, etc.

I can guarantee that if a business feels the benefit is worth the expenses they will do it, obviously Dillon doesn't.

Dillon can have people either answer phones or build presses, which do you prefer?

jmort
02-06-2013, 07:41 PM
If they can walk and chew gum, both. If they will not allocate additional resources to answering the phone, then go with production obviously. I just don't want to hear from the Dillon drones about how great Dillon customer service is when they get too busy to answer the phone. If Lee Precision can do it on a larger scale, why can't the vaunted Dillon Precision do it as well.

Alvarez Kelly
02-06-2013, 07:58 PM
If they can walk and chew gum, both. If they will not allocate additional resources to answering the phone, then go with production obviously. I just don't want to hear from the Dillon drones about how great Dillon customer service is when they get too busy to answer the phone. If Lee Precision can do it on a larger scale, why can't the vaunted Dillon Precision do it as well.

Because everyone wants the Dillon stuff, which is mostly sold direct. The Lee stuff is in stock in lots of warehouses all over the place. Much more buffer stock. It is a completely different business model.

I called them last week. It took a few tries, but I got a technical question answered quickly, and I got off the phone so the next guy could get helped. Using temps to answer the phone wouldn't have helped me. They wouldn't know the answer!

btroj
02-06-2013, 11:09 PM
I doubt many gun related retailers are providing great service right now. They are neck deep in customers, sales, shortages, and affiliated hoopla.
I have never had a bad dealing with Dillon. Haven't had many dealings with them either.
This is a tough time for companies like Dillon. We can either be patient or we can whine.

seagiant
02-07-2013, 09:15 AM
I doubt many gun related retailers are providing great service right now. They are neck deep in customers, sales, shortages, and affiliated hoopla.
I have never had a bad dealing with Dillon. Haven't had many dealings with them either.
This is a tough time for companies like Dillon. We can either be patient or we can whine.
Hi,
Don't try calling Brownell"s either!

mongoosesnipe
02-09-2013, 04:20 PM
If my mom were getting 500 calls an hour, then she should get a temp or two or so, or hire a couple few more people to answer the phone. I just called Lee Precision, for kicks, and the phone was aswered immediately, and I inquired about the resumption of custom work, which has been pushed back to the end of April or May at the eariliest, no surprise. Lee Precision produces and sells way more than Dillon, and they are right on it. So next time I hear another wet dream about Dillon's customer service, I will take it with a grain of salt. If I were to ever buy a progressive, I would go with Dillon, as they do make the best progressives.

your right, they are a terrible company and you should never do business with them, how dare they not upgrades their infrastructure to accommodate a market surge

Dillon sales are mostly direct, lee sales are mostly retail market sales as their products are cheaper in the retail market than direct from lee so naturally their phone will ring less

I haven't needed to call Dillon during this market surge but in my previous experience their staff is highly knowledgeable and there is no hang on let me look that up or let me get one of the techs to answer your question its always "how can i help you? I broke such and such. OK, its in the mail is there anything else i can help you with"

gunoil
02-10-2013, 12:30 AM
Stayed on hold friday for 55 mins., well worth it, have catalog and 45acp dillon crimp die coming for my LLM. My friend brought one over thursday nite and i just had to have one.

kavemankel
02-10-2013, 01:53 AM
I have used and owned all of the currently avaliable reloading presses.
I like my SDB for pistol only. small enough to have on a portable table for moving around the house with me.
Only gripe i have about a dillon vs hornady for progressive rifle is all of the little parts.
Hornady is just built strong and simple.

ROGER4314
02-10-2013, 04:18 AM
It was disturbing to read this. I've had terrific service from Dillon. I never dealt with Brian Enos but that's another option, too.

I hope things get better for you!

Flash

hemiallen
02-10-2013, 01:33 PM
My co-worker was on hold for 45 minutes Friday, and when they answered he got the normal excellent customer service.

Allen

mongoosesnipe
02-10-2013, 06:36 PM
Stayed on hold friday for 55 mins., well worth it, have catalog and 45acp dillon crimp die coming for my LLM. My friend brought one over thursday nite and i just had to have one.

My co-worker was on hold for 45 minutes Friday, and when they answered he got the normal excellent customer service.

Allen

this brings up another point that maybe the delays and busy signals are because of the commitment to excellent costumer service

bear67
02-10-2013, 09:52 PM
I traded for a 4 year old new never used 550 and it was missing a couple of parts. I started early and called at intervals with busy, busy, busy. I emailed the contact address and got a reply the next morning with an order number and invoice. All I had to do then was call the check order number and give a CC number. Was here in 2 days. Small parts, but necessary. It now loads like a "Dillon".

I had a very old SDB that I had cranked for years and I am giving it to my son. Still need a few caliber kits and die blocks to expand, but I am old enough to have a little patience.

I have a much older gentleman than I who workied for my Dad for 42 years--his favorite saying now is "We live in interesting times!" Amen, I say.