PDA

View Full Version : duck breasts

DxieLandMan
02-05-2013, 10:15 AM
Anyone got a good recipie for duck breasts? Any help would be appreciated.

mongoosesnipe
02-05-2013, 10:33 AM
I grill them like venison marinate the night before in a blended onion salt pepper squeeze half a lemon into it let it sit 24 hours then skewer and grill

wch
02-05-2013, 11:45 AM
Butterfly the breasts, season as you would any poultry and pan fry in butter until done to suit, serve with a starch (I like rice) and a green salad.
Wine: Suavignon Blanc

BK7saum
02-05-2013, 12:08 PM
One of my favorites is to cube the duck breast into 3/4-1" cubes and marinate overnight in italian dressing. Then season, wrap in bacon, and throw on the grill until done. The italian dressing tends to take the strong taste out of the meat.

People that have told me they absolutely hated duck have tried it and then gone back for seconds. Said they couldn't believe it was duck. Of course, anything with bacon and cooked on the grill can't be too bad.

375RUGER
02-05-2013, 12:28 PM
smoke 'em

alrighty
02-05-2013, 12:53 PM
One of my favorites is to cube the duck breast into 3/4-1" cubes and marinate overnight in italian dressing. Then season, wrap in bacon, and throw on the grill until done. The italian dressing tends to take the strong taste out of the meat.

People that have told me they absolutely hated duck have tried it and then gone back for seconds. Said they couldn't believe it was duck. Of course, anything with bacon and cooked on the grill can't be too bad.

+1 , Duck don't get any better than that!

Marvin S
02-07-2013, 08:32 PM
Make jerkey out of em.

BK7saum
02-07-2013, 11:02 PM
Duck makes good jerky. Goose is a little different, maybe better.

The Dove
02-09-2013, 02:02 PM
Not to hijack the thread but.... I grew up eating duck and I loved every bite. Then I got my commission in the US Public Health Service and spent a large portion of my career inspecting and working on sewage lagoons around the country. Well, I now can longer stomach eating ducks..... Ducks love sewage lagoons and every time I get near ducks or duck meat, that sewage smell takes over. HAHA Just me folks.

The Dove

Gliden07
02-09-2013, 03:00 PM
Take 2 hard pears skin and stud with a few cloves, put in a sauce pan and poach with a sweet wine Port works good, when pears are semi-soft take them out slice lengthwise get rid of seeds, then reduce wine to maple syrup consistency. Score the Duck breasts on skin side, salt n pepper good, sear breast skin side down in hot cast pan (if you have one) until most of fat is rendered off (drain off most of fat, but save it), flip it over sear other side a couple more minutes (should be Med Rare) cut diagnoly thru breast, plate with some of the wine and the poached sliced pears. Save the rendered fat for cooking potatoes in there GREAT!!

AnnieOakley
02-09-2013, 04:19 PM
Wow! This is making me want to cook up a duck ASAP! I have never tried cooking the duck breast seperate from the whole duck but I've heard that is the way to go! We like to cook up the whole duck and make duck gumbo or just a duck stew. It is delicious! We use a little dry sherry to tame the gamey flavor. We raise ducks on our farm, and I'd say we have about 20-30 Muscovies now. Hmmm...sounds like duck is in order for Sunday dinner! :)

MT Gianni
02-09-2013, 05:33 PM
How much meat do you get out of a Moscovie Duck? Does it feed 3 or 5 people?

DxieLandMan
02-09-2013, 07:00 PM
Thank you for the replies. I have a lot of good recepies to try now. These are pintail ducks that I traded some elk for.

AnnieOakley
02-10-2013, 10:59 AM
[QUOTE=MT Gianni;2050755]How much meat do you get out of a Moscovie Duck? Does it feed 3 or 5 people?[/QU

The male muscovies are alot bigger than the females. My husband and I have five children and a good duck stew will feed all of us and then some!

Besides being delicious, muscovies are very hardy ducks. They tolerate cold very well and are good mothers. We really like having them around our farm.

reloader28
02-10-2013, 12:37 PM
You traded off some good elk for duck?????????

Buddy, you got issues.:kidding:

DxieLandMan
02-10-2013, 06:57 PM
These were some elk cube steaks that I had. I need to go elk hunting again. no trophy hunts, just meat hunts.