PDA

View Full Version : Sp-101 3" .357

Charlie Two Tracks
02-04-2013, 03:21 PM
I've had an SP-101 3" .357 for a few years now. When I first got it, I had to send it back to Ruger for work. It would spit lead out the BC gap. The gap measured .010. According to Ruger, that was at the limit of tolerance they had. The changed the crane and a few internal trigger parts. On the first of their testing on range, it did not pass and was sent back for further work before sending it to me. The BC gap when I received it was .007 and three or four years later it is .008. Now here is the problem. On the side that the cylinder folds out on, (the left as you are holding it) the BC gap is .008 but the right side is .009. (i never measured it from the right side before) I can slide the .008 feeler gauge from the left side through to the right but if I try from the right side, .009 goes only half way through. I've had problems with this revolver since the get go and may just use it for what it was designed for and get another gun for my wife to practice with. The revolver shoots jacketed just fine but leads with cast real easy.