PDA

View Full Version : where can i get......

mike in co
07-22-2007, 12:09 AM
yes it is nearly sunday, just finished installing my lathe, and i want to change the oil( there is next to none in it).
so where can i get mobil d.t.e. light and mobil vactra no 2.

thanks
mike

Nueces
07-22-2007, 11:28 PM
I'm on the same hunt, and the yellow pages steered me to the local exxon-mobil lube distributor...

Mark

Failing a local source, I believe MSC can ship you some of both.

Nueces
07-25-2007, 10:24 PM
Update on lube hunt -

Local distributor (Austin, Texas) has min quantity of a 5-gallon pail ~$55 per. Grainger has small quantities of the DTE, not the Vactra. MSC (www.mscdirect.com) has quarts and gallons of both. I bought gallons for ~$20 each, just could not see storing a pair of oil buckets.

Mark

Frank46
07-26-2007, 01:58 AM
Mobil dte light was used where I worked for steam turbine and bearing oil. Since I live in a small town, I went to a local machine shop and asked where they got their lubricating oils. My lathe uses dte medium heavy. Unfortunately they only sold it in 5 gallon pails. Between that and the way oil I'm set for life. Check out any local machine shops, maybe they can steer you to a dealer who just may sell in gallon quantities. Frank

Buckshot
07-26-2007, 02:58 AM
.................Enco carries both. Just an FYI but Mobil has re-formulated it's way oils and it no longer offers the same anti 'stick-slip' mods it had before. The price each per gallon is only like $14, but the shipping will getcha.

Enco's free shipping code for July is WBJY7. That's good for orders over $50, and having a new lathe and getting an order together to beat $50 shouldn't be much of a strain :-)

..............Buckshot

Nueces
07-26-2007, 04:02 PM
Thanks for the heads-up, Buckshot. I'll put Enco on my search list.

Mark

exblaster
08-07-2007, 09:40 PM
Mike my atlas hand book says use 20 wt. non detergent automotive oil it is available from NAPA for about $7.00 a gallon.
Exblaster

schutzen
08-21-2007, 09:44 AM
Try to cross reference the MIL SPEC Numbers for mobil d.t.e. light and mobil vactra no 2. You will have to get them from a web site or off a container of the oil, but most major oil companies will have a direct replacement.