PDA

View Full Version : Need grips re-checkered...

msp2640
02-03-2013, 05:26 AM
Gents - Can someone point me in the right direction to have a set of aftermarket walnut grips from a K frame S&W re-checkered. Grips came off of my father's old service revolver when he retired. They're in good overall shape, finish is worn, no chips, gouges etc. Looking to duplicate the original basic pattern, which is now about 40-50% missing from years of carrying. I have them on an early 70's S&W 19, which is in too fine of condition to have worn grips. Because the grips fit my hand so well and more importantly their history, I'd like to have them redone. Anyone have a contact? Thanks for your time - Bill in MA

Tatume
02-03-2013, 09:07 AM
Steve Zihn can do that for you. It is not his business (he builds muzzle loading rifles), but as an all-around good guy, I expect he would take the job. Steve's prices are also reasonable. Ask him, and let me know what he says. I'll PM his contact information.

992B
02-03-2013, 09:59 PM
MSP,
Contact Hugh Clark (Gatorbaiter on Smith & Wesson Forum). I have lost his email address but you can contact him via the S-W Forum. His mailing address is PO Box 598, Devers,TX 77538. He did a great job restoring some old Smith grips for me and it was less than $100 including return shipping. Turnaround was about 8 weeks.

LUCKYDAWG13
02-03-2013, 10:03 PM
give Eagle grips a call they might help you out.

msp2640
02-04-2013, 12:50 AM
Thanks for the info guys, this should be an easy job for someone with the skills and the tools - neither of which I possess. Since I posted this. I took some "before" pics, so when I get this task accomplished, I'll have a nice comparision for a thread - Thanks again Bill in MA