PDA

View Full Version : Score!

crabo
07-21-2007, 04:16 PM
I shot a .22 fun match this morning, and as we were sitting around talking after the results, one of the guys asked, "anybody want any WWs for casting bullets? I immediately jumped up and said, "Me! Me!"

I got three 5 gal pails of WWs for free. I tried to give him some money for them, but he wouldn't take it. It seems like it is getting really hard to find lead. The smaller tire shops are finding out about recycling and what lead is worth. The big shops turn it over to their battery companies. I have found a couple that are throwing their lead away and I put a bucket in their hands and asked them to save it for me. I told them I would give them money for it.

I have been collecting lead to see if I could get enough to make it worth investing in a good pot and Star sizer. Since I now have 25 gallons of clip on weights and another 5 of stick on weights, I feel like I can invest in some good equipment.

I have realized that I need to make a committment to stay in the hunt for WWs.
I have a salvage yard that pulls the weights off of the whells and throws them in barrels along with nuts and bolts and other scrap. I think they are going to start saving them for me. I told them $25 a 5 gallon bucket, in cash for all they have. I have no idea if that is going to pan out. I figure I can sell anything I don't use.

Linotype is going for $1.00 a pound here in the Dallas area. It is pretty hard to find. I have a lead on a hundred pounds. I guess I need to go snatch it up.

Crabo