PDA

View Full Version : A sad day for us

Jim
02-02-2013, 03:03 PM
Sir Patrick, The Valiant, AKA Paddy, was laid to rest today, February 2nd, 2013. He was aged ten years.

He is survived by his siblings, Jones, Gretchen, Dolly, George and Mr. Bill.

Janet adopted Paddy when he was a puppy from a professional AKC registered breeder in West Virginia. He has been her constant companion and friend.

The remains will be interred here on our property.

Paddy was Chairman and Director of the Hospitality and Welcoming Committee here in our home. When guests arrived, Paddy would meet them at the door and welcome everyone warmly. His people skills were rarely matched and will never be exceeded.

Paddy had recently developed pancreatitis and his quality of life was degrading rapidly. This morning, Janet and I found him in a condition that brought us to understand it was time to make that most difficult decision. Dr. Karen Thomason, Veterinarian of Blue Ridge Animal Hospital here in Floyd was most compassionate and understanding and helped us through this.

We miss you, Paddy. You will forever remain in our hearts.

oneokie
02-02-2013, 03:09 PM
It saddens me to hear of Sir Patrick's passing.

Tazman1602
02-02-2013, 03:10 PM
It just never gets any easier Jim. Michelle and I have a regular pet semetary out back we've been together so long.

Godspeed Sir Patrick.

Art

smokeywolf
02-02-2013, 03:24 PM
Jim, I'm awfully sorry to hear of the passing of one of your family members. He's a fine looking fellow. You were blessed to have him with you and he was blessed to have had you & Janet's loving and compassionate care.

smokeywolf

Olevern
02-02-2013, 04:21 PM
Wow, don't know what to say. Most of us have been there and there is healing and good memories with time. Be well, my friend,
vern

Beau Cassidy
02-02-2013, 06:51 PM
So sad.

DCP
02-02-2013, 06:51 PM
Dogs leave paw prints in our homes and in our hearts.

square butte
02-02-2013, 07:36 PM
Sorry you and Janet lost such a good and long time friend. Our sympathies from here.

Charlie Two Tracks
02-02-2013, 09:37 PM
Sorry Jim. I'm glad you got to enjoy Paddy. A great name for a great dog.

Pb2au
02-03-2013, 12:35 AM
Sorry about your loss Jim. Give the rest of your gang a hug and love em even harder.

Roosters
02-03-2013, 01:14 AM
Sorry to hear of your loss. They surly do become loved members of the family.

xs11jack
02-03-2013, 01:23 AM
Deepest condolences from Jack, Shari, and Sarah cat, Zeke cat.

HelpIminCA
02-03-2013, 01:34 AM
Seems they all break your heart but they are worth it. Sorry for your loss sir. I'm glad you did the right thing and put him down instead of make him suffer like so many folks do. He deserved that. I hope it gets better for you soon and I hope you get a new dog when you are able.

Daddyfixit
02-03-2013, 01:48 AM
What a Braw Hielan' Laddie! We lost our Wee Annie two years ago. They are indeed fantastic companions
Sorry for your loss..I'll play a lament on my bagpipes for Paddy.

Hamish
02-03-2013, 02:00 AM
James and Janet, I am sorry for your loss.

gandydancer
02-03-2013, 02:19 AM
No greater love. my hart breaks. Tom

x101airborne
02-03-2013, 03:18 AM
God bless yall and your family. I hate to hear the passing of a loved one and I usually have more respect for animals than humans.
Peace be with yall.

JeffinNZ
02-03-2013, 03:39 AM
Never easy lossing a dog (or cat). They are ALWAYS happy to see you. ALWAYS there when you need comforting. NEVER judge you. Take care both of you.

**oneshot**
02-03-2013, 08:33 AM
Sorry for your loss Jim. Seeing a pet suffer and having to put them down is rough.

WILCO
02-03-2013, 09:02 AM
Sorry to hear of this Jim. My condolences to you, Janet and the rest of the gang.

Jim
02-03-2013, 09:55 AM
The responses and support are much needed and appreciated.

There's a spot on the floor in my office where I can see the carpet and should not. I guess I need to put away that empty bowl on the floor.

Janet's having a rough time with this.

scottiemom
02-03-2013, 09:58 AM
thanks to everyone for your kind words - it means a lot. I am heartbroken over losing my best friend. I moved to DC November 5, 2002. I had to put my scottie Steve down on November 20. I got Patrick the following March. He kept me sane living in a place I did not know, he made me get out of the house when all I wanted to do was stay inside and, since Paddy never met a stranger, he made me meet people and even make friends. When we moved to Floyd a few years ago, his greatest joy was sitting out in the front yard, smelling the breeze and just watching the world go by. I always said all he needed was a little argyle sweater, hat and a glass of scotch and a cigar and he would look just like those old men we would see sitting on the park benches. I am so glad his last few years were good ones and I am so blessed to have had him in my life. Thanks again for the kind words and thanks for letting me ramble on a bit about Paddy- he will certainly be missed.

Freightman
02-03-2013, 10:13 AM
You will always have them in your memory, had to put my old weenie dog down five years ago. I still look at the spot she always lay and its like she is still there. She trained our present Weenie dog so basically she is still here. Got to go now can't see the key board. Remember the good times and get another.

Alvarez Kelly
02-04-2013, 12:20 AM
I am so sorry for your loss Jim. I had to do exactly the same thing just one week ago. It's been a hard 7 days. They go all to soon, but I wouldn't wish any of it away.

Gotta go. Hard to see...