PDA

View Full Version : Shooting Chrony's website

Maven
07-21-2007, 09:41 AM
All, I was thinking about upgrading my F-1 Chrony as I dislike its tendency to shut down (displays "E" for error) in bright light even when using sky screens.* According to Shooting Chrony's webpage, you can upgrade to athe F-1 Master for ~$34. NOT! You can still trade your old one in (send to Amherst, N.Y. address, a suburb of Buffalo) for $74.95 + $8 shipping. If you shop around, you'll find better prices though. One more thing, their rep. told me they will no longer produce the F-1. Thought you'd like to know.

*You can use your tripod to tilt it away from the sun, but that makes shooting a bit awkward and it works maybe 80% of the time.

Sundogg1911
07-24-2007, 03:37 PM
wow. I've had good service from them. They even sent me free skyscreen rods when my buddy shot mine off. (I use the Beta Master) They used to advertise with the Master first, but I think they received too many comments on the Master Beta. :-D

piwo
07-24-2007, 07:06 PM
Guess I should log onto their website. I lost the instructions for mine years ago. I too have the "beta master"..:shock: :D It's served me well, And I've not regularly experienced failures to read shots. Every now and then, but not frequent...

I just don't remember what all the functions are!

georgeld
07-25-2007, 01:43 AM
Just a warning after reading you got new ones.

DO NOT use the wire rods, a hit on those metal rods most of the time will
scramble the system so bad it can't be fixed.

Use those metal rods for stakes someplace and buy some wood dowel rods for a dime each at the hardware. Each 40" pc will make three rods.

Ask me how I know all this!!

A b/p patch to the face of one will destroy them too.

So will unburnt powder granules.