PDA

View Full Version : Another Addition

IcerUSA
07-21-2007, 01:31 AM
Pick this up today, it's a 30-30 but I couldn't pass up the price, just under $250.00 out the door :)

:cbpour: :drinks:

Ed Barrett
07-21-2007, 06:15 AM
Looks like you made an excellent deal. I'm always a little late on the lever action deals.

jdhenry
07-22-2007, 08:53 AM
Nice rifle!!!! Great price:)

Four Fingers of Death
07-22-2007, 06:44 PM
Hang in there Ed, sniff around long enough, the bits are bound to fall in place.

C A Plater
07-22-2007, 10:33 PM
I understand. That is a nice looking saddle ring and at that price. Some deals are just too good to pass up. I fell prey to the same addiction this weekend too. In my case I was seduced when I saw this 24" barreled Winchester 94 in the rack at a local gun shop. It is in very nice shape, no metal scratches with only one ding in the buttstock and nicely checked straight grip and forend. When I noticed it was a 7-30 Waters there was no way I was going home without it.

IcerUSA
08-10-2007, 03:13 AM
Well now, after 3 and a half hours of cleaning the bore out she might be ready to try some real boolits in it :). Oh, by the way, at the gun show here last weekend I managed to pick up another Winchester 94, plain jane one, some light rust on it and some nicks in the wood and wear marks on the barrel, I'd say 60 to 65% bluing on it and about 2 hours so far into cleaning the barrel, gee, don't people keep their tools cleaned anymore. OH WELL, got to have something to do besides cast and shoot hehehe

Keith

45r
08-10-2007, 03:44 PM
good looking gun,after playing with my 357 CB Limited I can see why so many people like leverguns.you sure can shoot fast with them.

IcerUSA
08-11-2007, 12:48 PM
Bummer, out of the 4 lever guns I now have 1 that is truly clean after over 16 hours in 2 days of cleaning.
I really don't understand people I guess , I was taught to keep the barrel clean if you want the projectile to have any consistency hitting your target with cast or condom.
Well back to cleaning again, just not a happy camper with what these used rifles have been taken care of, all of them even still have rifling slivers in them after being use for 30 or more years of shooting, good side is I can still break them in for cast :)

:castmine: so I can :Fire:

IcerUSA
08-11-2007, 09:48 PM
Well the 444 is clean as a whistle, 32 WS still copper and fouled, the 94 Win is still copper and fouled, second 94 Win I gave up on as it was bought for another person who could not make the gun show last weekend and was on vacation, he will get his chance on it tuesday or wensday to look at it and to buy it, if not I clean it up then :) Well fixing supper and then back to cleaning, so wanted to load some boolits up for the 32 WS this weekend to shoot, crosses fingers, might make it if the barrle cleans up in an hour or so :)

Keith

IcerUSA
08-12-2007, 04:47 AM
Well no luck in cleaning up in an hour or so, so to say the least, I got no loads done for the 32 WS, 4:30 AM and I now have 3 clean barrel lever guns, WOOT
Will have to make up a few loads for th 32 WS tomorrow and still might make the range this weekend, but for now I'm beat LOL , Night and sweet dreams of 100yd clover leaf targets.

Keith

Bret4207
08-12-2007, 07:44 AM
What are you using to clean with? If there's that much fouling maybe a Foul Out would be appropriate.

IcerUSA
08-12-2007, 11:50 AM
I just use the old stand by, Hoppe's #9, picked up a bottle of Shooters Choice = Copper Out and a bottle of Hoppe's BR Copper Remover, refilled my little bottle of #9 4 times and used over 3/4th's of the 2 copper solvents plus 2 bags of patches but I got er done :).
Now the cleaning will be easier from now on tho, couple of the barrels still had machining slivers from the rifling coming out on the patches so that give a little hope to being good barrels if they were good from the factory, one had some rust color in it after a couple cleanings, so I kind of take it as some people just like to say they hunt and shoot.
My shooting buddie has a brother-in-law that hunts and he shoots a few before deer season, then goes out hunting , wipes the outside of the gun down and puts it away till next season. go figure.
Me, I clean, check before season, hunt, clean, put away after it gets too cold to go to the range, when it gets warm enough to go to the range it's back to developing loads and shooting and cleaning. Nice to know that when you take care of your own weapon in a manner that is conductive to good accuracy that it don't take long to get it clean after shooting it so it doesn't strain your sense of rifleman ship, but these used one shur did me this time, boy o boy o boy did it. But it's done now and I feel good about the guns and over all am pleased with the purchases.
Now for cloverleafs at 50yds LOL

Keith