PDA

View Full Version : Gunline checkering tools

firebrick43
02-02-2013, 03:03 AM
First let me ask is Gunline still in business? Midway USA website has all of their products as discontinued by the manufacture?

If not on to the second question. I understand that the gunline cutters are resharpenable. Is this just the corse v cutter or can you do the 2 row cutters as well?
When resharpening is it just a knife edge file across the cutter in the grooves or do you run a triangular file down the length as well.

How many sharpenings does one get out of a cutter?

Thanks
Jay

MBTcustom
02-03-2013, 11:27 AM
It's just my opinion, and I have only been using these tools for a few months, but I bought both the gunline, and the Dem-Bart cutters, and I must say that the Dem-Bart were much superior. I am able to control the Dem-Bart cutters much better. Also, I called Dem-Bart, and spoke to the man himself who makes them and I was very impressed with his attitude and helpful nature. He described the process he uses to make these tools.....by hand, and after considering his words, and the performance of his tools, I am pretty much sold. The Dem-Bart tools are worth every penny. I will make my own handles, but I will just buy the tips if Dem-Bart makes the style I need, and that is almost a certainty.

EMC45
02-04-2013, 11:15 AM
Dem Bart are fine tools. I have their 3 pc. set and like them.