PDA

View Full Version : Lube question

trying2learn
02-02-2013, 01:47 AM
Ok so I have been pan lubing and am about to start lubrisizing I hope. How ever my lube is in brick form. I read a post many months ago about how yo make lube sticks and cannot find the post now. Does anyone know what I am talking about and possibly a link to it. Or a suggestion on how to do it. I know it is probably simple enough to do. Thanks for any advice.

dromia
02-02-2013, 02:19 AM
Moved this to the Boolit lube forum as the appropriate place for posts such as these.

Now look at the stickies at the top of the forum for one approach to answering your question. If you want more try using the search function.

fryboy
02-02-2013, 06:46 AM
the easiest way is to melt in a glass measuring cup and pour the lubrasizer full
there are several variations of making stix, suffice to say that a 1" pvc pipe is a great mold , with several ways to "get" the hole required in the middle ,my short version is a block of wood ( much like a loading tray ) with holes drilled to hold a rod and pipe centered , fill full let cool and remove

trying2learn
02-02-2013, 11:37 AM
Moved this to the Boolit lube forum as the appropriate place for posts such as these.

Now look at the stickies at the top of the forum for one approach to answering your question. If you want more try using the search function.

I appreciate you moving it. However I did a search over all the forums and could fifure out the right wording I guess so I asked. I didn't know I needed to state I had searched and had no luck. I kind of thought saying I had looked for it and could not find what I was looking cor was enough a explanation for asking my question. I apologize for that and will in the future state I had searched without any luck.

dromia
02-02-2013, 01:27 PM
I put stick lube in and got the post referenced on page two.

If you don't like the forum search engine then look up Montana Charlie he's put up a link to a bespoke google search engine for the forum.

trying2learn
02-02-2013, 02:11 PM
Its not that I don't like the sear h forum. As much as what I tried searching for didnt work. Or the implication that I didn't try it before asking my question.

There are times I cannot think of the proper words to out what I am searching for in the search area. From now on I will make sure to put that I tried to search for it and if needed I will put the thinvs I searched for. As to avoid any issues.

runfiverun
02-02-2013, 09:30 PM
here's charlies search feature it seems to work better for me.
http://www.google.com/cse/home?cx=001951264366462437169:ggn3vg-bjum

seems like everything i search for on google brings me right back here anyway.
this just shortcuts both searching there and here.

geargnasher
02-03-2013, 02:40 AM
There's another way if you have trouble with either the aforementioned search features. Scroll down the home page of Castboolits until you find the appropriate forum for your question, enter that forum, and peruse the "sticky" threads. The stickies address some of the more common or important topics related to the forum subject. Case in point, the lube stick mould "sticky" thread for which you were probably searching is currently five down from the top of this forum.

BTW, I don't bother with making sticks when using low melt-point lubes (those that are liquid at 160F or less), I choose to melt them and pour in the sizer. Another member, Ben, has posted about a homemade lube ladle he uses for the same purpose and how it reduces the potential for a spill. Lube stick moulds are handy for lube that must be heated to 460F or higher to be molten enough to pour, such as the heavy sodium-soap lubes with which some of us are experimenting.

Gear

melter68
02-03-2013, 07:16 AM
To start lubing i used lee liquid lube, that you put in a flat contained and put the boolits in and shake, thats good enough before sizing, however they do good stick form lube, i have a red stick
which i must try.

donerightsigns
02-03-2013, 12:29 PM
does anyone have a receipe for making case lube instead of buying high priced factory stuff?

DrCaveman
02-03-2013, 01:00 PM
Donerightsights

Check out this thread http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?176307-Case-lube&highlight=Case+lube

Found it by searching this sub forum for 'case lube'

See, search function works pretty well sometimes! I do get a kick out of the fact that an Internet-wide google search leads me back here about 8 times out of 10. Truly a goldmine of information here.