PDA

View Full Version : need ammo maker So Cal area

HeavyMetal
02-01-2013, 09:38 PM
I have a friend that's looking for a "custom" ammo maker here in So Cal.

:He's just purchased a Colt Commander in 45 acp and ammo prices are a bit scary,LOL!

I do not want the legal hassle that might come from supplying him ammo and I hope O can find a reloader selling to the ranges here.

Pm me if you know someone or do this your self

Thanks
HM.

foesgth
02-01-2013, 10:31 PM
The only one I know of is Triple R Munitions (http://fflgundealers.net/triple-r-munitions-inc.html). The LAX range sometimes has sales on ammo, but let's face it nothing is cheap now.

HeavyMetal
02-02-2013, 12:32 AM
Not about cheap as much as looking for H&G 68's target loads 230 ball loads hard to shoot recoil wise.

We'll look at these guys and get pricing thanks.

Wayne Smith
02-02-2013, 09:34 AM
Time to introduce him to loading and casting!

cbrick
02-02-2013, 10:48 AM
ASR (Angeles Shooting Ranges) has both factory and reloaded ammo available in many calibers. I haven't been there since I moved a year ago so I don't know what's currently available but they do use a commercial reloader. Ammo sales are at the range office, not in the reloading store.

Rick

HeavyMetal
02-02-2013, 12:03 PM
He's a young squirt and not confident enough, yet, to try reloading.

I figure buying a couple thousand 45's will enable him real quick and then I'll get him loading and casting

Dale in Louisiana
02-02-2013, 01:46 PM
I have a friend that's looking for a "custom" ammo maker here in So Cal.

:He's just purchased a Colt Commander in 45 acp and ammo prices are a bit scary,LOL!

I do not want the legal hassle that might come from supplying him ammo and I hope O can find a reloader selling to the ranges here.

Pm me if you know someone or do this your self

Thanks
HM.

What would make anyone think that a custom ammo maker would charge anything less than the going market price?

I know it's painful. I was waiting to get my new TWIC card yesterday and overheard a guy talking on his phone about looking for some ammo. I asked what he needed. He said he was looking for .40 for his pistol. All I could offer is sympathy. The ammo is out there if 1) you know where to look and 2) you're willing to pay for it.

Earlier in the week I visited a favorite sporting goods store in Louisiana and found them to have a great selection, including a good-sized pile of .223. The .223 was around a a dollar a round, but at least they had it. Fortunately I'm one of those (choose 1: "evil hoarders" or "guys who keep a little stuff around so he won't have to run out and buy something every time he decides to go shoot") who has a good-sized stock of supplies, so I don't feel compelled to pay that price.

dale in Louisiana

HeavyMetal
02-04-2013, 02:59 PM
Once again this wasn't about finding cheap ammo this was about finding someone that made something beside 230 GI Ball loads!

My guy isn't ready to load yet but I see it coming and so does he, meanwhile if I can find a legal ammo maker that will build him what he needs then we both win.

will be calling triple L today and post what I learn if anything.

cbrick
02-04-2013, 03:29 PM
Heavy, did you give ASR a call to find out what they have in stock and/or who their commercial reloader is? May help you find what your looking for.

800-499-4486 or 818-899-2255

Rick